Corsair Community

Sanforce sleep mode issue!

azon21

This is exactly what I am experiencing as well. I have an Alienware M15x brand new laptop and tried imaging the drive and then fresh install with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and everything is fine unless I try sleep mode and then it comes back up and then BSOD on me and does physical memory dump. Error codes are typical hardware/driver issue. I have looked for updated Intel Matrix drivers and I have the latest version. The original stock mechanical drive does not do this. This has to be a firmware or driver issue and I have to say firmware issue as the driver works just fine with stock drive. Going to call for RMA but I don't think that is going to solve the problem. I think it is related to SandForce controller and Intel Matrix storage driver. IMHO.

Okay after reading what seems like 100+ posts on this drive, I am definately sick and tired of Corsair claiming that there is not something wrong with the SandForce controller firmware. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH BOTH SF-1200 and SF-1222 with regards to low power for hibernation and sleep. BUT, I believe that after reading this it is confined to INTEL based controllers on the motherboard, other chipsets may experience this but the INTEL based MAC people having the same issues as the INTEL based Linux people and the INTEL based Windows people. COME ON STOP LYING TO US!!!! Don't believe me, then start reading and scanning the forums and stop tell EVERYONE that you haven't seen this issue. Why you insist on saying it is isolated and push people off makes me SICK! It's a brand new drive and almost the same controller between the versions. You did the EXACT SAME thing with the F100 and F200 saying that you didn't see any reports and then FINALLY said there was an issue with low power mode. BE HONEST!!!! This is a firmware or controller issue, plain and simple. not a corsair problem but a SANDFORCE based issue, trust me I've read other manufacturer forums and they are having the same issues. The drives perform great if active but when at rest there is an issue. I wish people would take the time and answer HONESTLY AND TRUTHFULLY instead of sending their customers on wild goose hunts for problems that are specific to the product they have. I have a BRAND NEW < 1 WEEK OLD ALIENWARE M15x with an Intel 5 Series Controller and I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY MECHANICAL DRIVE OR SSD that doesn't have the SANDFORCE controller in it, fully tested with 6 drives and with boith imaging and fresh installs with Windows XP and Windows 7 to be sure NOT ANYTHING ELSE BUT SANDFORCE controller. For the love of god start acknowledging the PROBLEM and get some people on it, the only thing that is going to fix this is a FIRMWARE update for BOTH SERIES of CONTROLLERS. :mad:

Okay if this is a Intel controller/drive issue then why the same reports from some many varying systems. I believe if you reread his post that there are inconsistency's between what he says, so you can't say that he isn't having any issues because the MSAHCI certified driver for the Intel controller is still MADE by INTEL not MS. Why is it that I have ZERO issues with other controller based SSD's and mechanical drives???? COME ON SERIOUSLY!!!

AND to boot he is confused as he even says later in the post:

"This happens for both the MS AHCI driver AND the Intel RST 9.6.1014 driver. With the Intel driver, the system would not wake from sleep correctly that's why I reverted it back to the MS driver. But during my time with the Intel RST driver, the random reboot happened a few times."

So, with MS ACHI drivers he still has issues with SLEEP???? and Only with INTEL he gets random reboots. READ OTHER POSTS JUST LIKE THIS! THIS IS NOT A INTEL DRIVER ISSUE. LOOK AT OTHER MANUFACTURERS OF THE SAME SANDFORCE CONTROLLER SSD's!!!!! This is a SANDFORCE ISSUE. SAME THING WAS HAPPENING WITH 1200 that is happening with 1222. REDICULOUS!!!

Okay, did some more testing, if you remove the free fall sensor software uninstall Intel RST and matrix versions and drivers. Go find and force install the 6/21/2009 driver published by MS and very generic at best, I can go to sleep and resume, some of the time. This has got to be a firmware/controller related issue. I have spent 10+ hours testing diffferent scenarios and if Intel is the issue then god help us all as they are the standard on which we breed in the PC world. Please look into this and get us a new firmware that is confirmed to work with INTEL, it will help everyone. To say you don't test this drive with this system or that system when most SSD's have zero issue in any system is sad to say the least and at the LEAST be a disclaimer for buying the drive to begin with. Done ranting as if you cared to beging with. Do some homework on the drives that this controller is in, both inside and outside your brand and you will see a common theme.

AND to boot he is confused as he even says later in the post:

"This happens for both the MS AHCI driver AND the Intel RST 9.6.1014 driver. With the Intel driver, the system would not wake from sleep correctly that's why I reverted it back to the MS driver. But during my time with the Intel RST driver, the random reboot happened a few times."

So, with MS ACHI drivers he still has issues with SLEEP???? and Only with INTEL he gets random reboots.

No, what i understand is that he has "Random reboot" problem on both drivers MS and Intel, but only Intel has wake up problem from sleep mode(so Intel Drivers has both Problems).

• Corsair Employee
Okay after reading what seems like 100+ posts on this drive.

I only see three or four posts, please point me to where there are a 100 Posts on this drive on our forum?

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH BOTH SF-1200 and SF-1222 with regards to low power for hibernation and sleep.

A: There is a post where one of the engineers talked about this and our firmware version should not be affected as it was disabled in the firmware and that post was about using a MAC with these features.

You are making claims that have not been substantiated in my opinion. I agree there were some issues with early versions of the Sanforce firmware but we have made some changes in our implementation to over come these issues. We are working on these cases that are in the forum (Again I see 3 or 4 that may be related) and trying to duplicate the problems and see what needs to be done. But it may take some time to get a resolution. Please dont jump to conclusions. At this point I see a few people having problems that may or may not be a failing drive or some other issue; but that has not been confirmed. Making Claims like this do nothing to help the problem and these must be taken on a case by case basis.

I personally have done a lot of testing and not seen any problems in fact I just competed a series of testing on the F-120 drive and could not duplicate any problems at all just one of the fastest drives I have ever seen. And I have to assume most of the people who have this drive are not having problems based on the number of people here posting and the number of drives we sold. For all I know you may have an alternate motive to perpetuate this type of talk.

Please list your complete system spec and the problems you are having and we can try and address them.

• Corsair Employee

Moved all of your posts to one thread so we can better help you.

So from your last post does that solve the problem? And in the BIOS of the system under power management it should be set to S1 and S3 and I would suggest using suspend to disk rather than suspend to Ram.

• Corsair Employee
His posts were moved to one thread so his questions can be addressed. Move your posts to his thread if you like other wise they will be deleted he is not the thread starter and its not fair to the person who stated this thread for you all to take over his thread.

His posts were moved to one thread so his questions can be addressed. Move your posts to his thread if you like other wise they will be deleted he is not the thread starter and its not fair to the person who stated this thread for you all to take over his thread.

Hi, sry and thanks.

I didnt want to mess thread's, but if i did so im so sry :(:

For my eye's orginal thread of random reboot was very different to sleep mode wake up even if orginal thread starter mention it. Thats why i start to try helping both of them.

And for this sleep mode try to use those newst RST 9.6.1014 drivers and go to sleep mode (so "hdd" go sleep too) for some minutes and try to come back, i bet you see whats wrong, Ram Guy.

Edit: ohh, and that 2 post of this thread is for dikai_yang thread. Im sry form my English. :o: ..dont know how i can move it other than make it again.

Again im sry :(:

Greetings, Mummy

Okay so I am back and I cam tell you I have a Alienware M15x i7-620M 4GB 1333 dual channel ram This is a custom board according to Dell and Alienware and has the Series 5 Intel laptop chipset. Once again, if this is not an issue with the controller then why can I use a Seagate Momentus 7200.4 mechnical drive. A Crucial CT128M225 Indilinx Barefoot controller with 64MB cache and an Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive all tested just fine with and without imaging and fresh install and with and without Intel RST version 9.6. Next I will post a listing of all the posts I see even resemble this same issue within this forum and other SSD drives with the same controller. I never said once that all of the issues with the controller were with your drives, please read more carefully. Clearly the number of drives sold will not coorespond to the number of issues for a number of different reasons, vendors, resellers, OEM (if any) and varying different chipsets on MBs to say the least.

Also, if you think for a second that have any other motive than getting the drive to work properly with an Intel based chipset board than you sir are crazy. What would/could I possibly gain from this? Come on, I didn't even say it was your drives exclusively. Well, feel free to help if you wish but I have wasted enough time ranting about the fac that you are not paying attention to the issue, even Mac people are having this issue and the rediculous idea that a semi standardized piece of equipment on a ISO (SATA) compliant interface cannot be used but only by certain people without any disclaimer like what you see on RAM is just beyond silly. DO what you wish with this post.

HI,

if you think for a second that have any other motive than getting the drive to work properly with an Intel based chipset board than you sir are crazy.

I think you did understand me wrong. I mean that the sleep mode problem is(in Windows use) a problem with Intels new drivers(9.6.1014) and F-series SSD's and not with F -series and Intel Chipset.

So older Intel drivers or MS ones should work fine.

Note: I havent try them yet, but i will, again i dont need sleep mode, but i some how i trust that other Tread starter.

The only driver that semi works for AHCI and my Series 5 Intel cchipset for my SATA controller is the MS one from Win 7 stock install, MS AHCI driver dated 6/21/09. It still BSOD's every once in a while but not every time.

• Corsair Employee

azon21

Please dont take it that way only stating what it appeared might be the case and for sure that was my intent get you the help to solve the issue only!

We are looking into this. Did you test the drive on another desktop system and see if you had any issues? Or only on this NB?

With the BSOD, it only happens out of sleep mode and if I use any Intel based drivers it happens every time out of sleep mode. I haven't tried the drive in any other machine but I can if we need to. If I use the MS driver it is not every time but has happened but that could be related to a registry entry issue from the Intel drivers or could be something else entirely, but it only BSOD's every 1/15 times with MS driver. No problems with any other drive I have tested.

Random restarted again after 10 hours. Let me make it clear:

Sleep-Wake problem only happens with the Intel RST driver. MS AHCI is fine.

I am talking about the random restart issue, which only happens on my Corsair F120. The problem seems to be that the SSD would stop communicating with the MB for a short time randomly, which causes Windows to BSOD and restart as evident by the same result as unplugging the SSD data cable when idle.

I use the same disk image on a mechanical HDD and no problem for days and it never restarts. I really think it's the firmware. Otherwise the random restart wouldve happened with the mechanical HDD as well.

I have tried everything I can so I'll RMA the drive and see what happens. My conclusion is that with the mechanical drive no problems. With my F120, random restart every several hours. Typically within 10 hours.

Archived