Corsair Community

compatability issues

t5unami

I just purchased another stick of corsair cmx512-3200c2pro to go along with my other stick which is the same. The problem is I can't load windows with the both of them installed. the furthest I have gotten is just past the post stage whith the 2 sticks installed in DIMMS 2 and 3. individaully they work great. I think it's the motherboard not excepting the two different sticks of ram even though they are exactly the same (in general). My qustion is, can I send these two back and get a "matched pair"? or is there some setting that I'm not aware of that I can change so these two will work together? One difference I noticed between the ram is in the upper right of the sticker on the ram, one reads xms3202v1.0 the other reads xms3202v4.1.

I'm running a amd 64 3200 with a chaintech znf3-150 motherboard.

please help. thanks john.

• Corsair Employee

John,

In order to run 2 modules with most systems the memory would need to be exactly matched. Both in part# and revision! And one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets. I would see if you can find another use for the older module and see if the reseller will let you exchange that new one for a CMX1024-3200C2 instead!

• 1 year later...

Hi, im new and was looking for help, I noticed this post so I thought Id mention that, in the manual for the Chaintech ZNF3-150 its states that you should put the two sticks in either DIMMS 1(closest to CPU) and 2 or 1 and 3. They do not recommend DIMMS 2 and 3 because "Installation in DIMM2 + DIMM3 slots is not recommended since it may result in an unstable system" - owners manual chapter 2 page 7.

Hope that helps.

Archived