Corsair Community

Nzxt hue2 or Corsair node

DXeqtr

Hey guys,

I am really tired of looking at all the rgb products and was hoping to get some help here. I am getting a crosshair vii mobo and I’m really liking the nzxt 700i and the evolve x. This will be my second build so I am not a professional, however I did work in the cable industry for many years and am pretty smart when it comes to these things.(legos Ftw!!) I am getting a 2700x ryzen and I know I want b-dye memory chips, obviously rgb. Please anyone help me out that has experience with any rgb systems out there so I can figure out what I should do, thanks in advance!!!

For the Corsair stuff, check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880. Lots of good info there.

Of course, many of us here are partial to Corsair so we may not be the most objective source for Corsair vs. NZXT. Personally, for me a key factor was the completeness of the Corsair RGB ecosystem, both inside and outside of the case.

And ... you can control the EvolvX RGB from a Corsair Lighting Node Pro. Not sure about NZXT ... they do have a completely different pin configuration even though the cables and headers look the same.

I probably should have included that I don’t want to be running 3 different softwares just to run the rgb. Your fast response, nzxt collecting data with their software and slowing systems down I think is enough for me to make my decision. If I end up going with the evolve x, your saying I will be able to plug the case rgb into the Corsair node, correct? Also, if I buy the 3 pack RGB Fans that come with the node module, do I need to purchase the commander pro as well? One of my most important things with the build is I don’t want their to be any cable seen in the front of the case, obviously the 24v etc. is a must. Would it help if I posted all the parts I am buying so you could give me a better idea of how everything would be getting configured? Thanks, highly appreciated!!

I probably should have included that I don’t want to be running 3 different softwares just to run the rgb. Your fast response, nzxt collecting data with their software and slowing systems down I think is enough for me to make my decision. If I end up going with the evolve x, your saying I will be able to plug the case rgb into the Corsair node, correct? Also, if I buy the 3 pack RGB Fans that come with the node module, do I need to purchase the commander pro as well? One of my most important things with the build is I don’t want their to be any cable seen in the front of the case, obviously the 24v etc. is a must. Would it help if I posted all the parts I am buying so you could give me a better idea of how everything would be getting configured? Thanks, highly appreciated!!

A parts list is often helpful. Or a link to a PCPartPicker configuration.

For the EvolvX, you'll need an adapter to plug the case lighting into the Corsair Lighting Node Pro. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=183158 for folks doing just that and the link to purchase one (or you can make one).

A Commander Pro (CoPro) is not needed but it can help with the cable management (no fan headers going to the motherboard), it lets you control fan speeds from iCUE, gives you more flexibility with your fan curves (especially with the thermistors), has 2 Ligthing Channels (just like the LNP), and adds 2 internal USB headers. Personally, I'm a big fan of the CoPro.

First of, THANK YOU guys for your help, just an fyi...I might be needing more help once everything arrives :P

Cable mgmt is one of the biggest things with this build, I really dont want to see cables in the front except the ones you cant hide. Like I said its my second build and the first one was almost 9 years ago with intel 655k and gtx550 so I am not the best with knowing everything when it comes to this, but I have good cable mgmt skills and any little item I can buy to simplify cabling I would like to go ahead and buy.

I am building this PC for streaming and recording console gameplay and video editing for YT videos, I know some of the items are overkill but I am also thinking ahead for the future. I cant decide on a GPU, I have been looking at the rx570/80/90 models, and the 1050s and to be honest I was more focused on it matching the theme of the PC than anything else..gpu with backplates are almost non-existent, help with this would be massively appreciated as you can see I dont have one picked.

I picked the evolve X simply for the cable mgmt and the glass panels and what you said about syncing with icue...if you guys know of any other cases please tell me. The only things I am for sure wanting with the parts I will post is the 2700x, I am open to change anything with this build that you guys recommend and as long as it makes sense obviously, performance wise, aesthetics and cable mgmt.

I am also not sure if everything will fit in the case, so any pointers are appreciated. After looking at my parts list you guys will be able to tell what look I am going for, any other items you guys can suggest to help this please do.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvGfTB

RGB is a mess...and because all companies are trying to cash in instead of making a serious product together.

A real shame...

I have to admit, you are correct. RGB is a right mess. I was in the same situation as you as far as RGB and hadn't done a build since about 8 years ago (Intel Q6600 in a Thermaltake Armor Case). After much research and system planning, I decided to go full on with the Corsair ecosystem. Pic of build attached if you're interested.

Good luck!

665628601_Corsair570XMirrorBlackBuild.thumb.jpg.654334372ba68aa6632aa7da059add81.jpg

Corsair is winning in my eyes just because they came with a solid solution, albeit at a price.

I can understand them racing eachother and the reasons they might have but that doesn't benefit the end user.

A RGB standardization seems needed.

All we get so far is different controllers, different fan designs, nothing is compatible with eachother, all came up with their own connectors and overall poor future planning.

Manuals are lackluster, pheww! :)

-

I have to admit, you are correct. RGB is a right mess. I was in the same situation as you as far as RGB and hadn't done a build since about 8 years ago (Intel Q6600 in a Thermaltake Armor Case). After much research and system planning, I decided to go full on with the Corsair ecosystem. Pic of build attached if you're interested.

Good luck!

Thank you for the pic..what mobo are you using? Are you able to run just one software for all the rgb?

Corsair is winning in my eyes just because they came with a solid solution, albeit at a price.

I can understand them racing eachother and the reasons they might have but that doesn't benefit the end user.

A RGB standardization seems needed.

All we get so far is different controllers, different fan designs, nothing is compatible with eachother, all came up with their own connectors and overall poor future planning.

Manuals are lackluster, pheww! :)

-

I couldn’t agree more with you lol..after looking at everything and all the reviews, I was actually afraid to buy rgb period. This isn’t compatible with this, you need this software for that etc. just a headache for someone like me trying to build his own pc with rgb. I really like the effect on the kraken cooler -the data phishing, I like the evolve x case and I like the Corsair fans..trying to set those 3 up is a nightmare, that’s even if it’s possible to do with only running one software which I am almost certain it’s not.

I’ve made up my mind and I will go with the evolve x. After looking on the Phanteks site I see parts on there for a vertical gpu mount and also for a capture card(I will be using the elgato hd60pro) can someone tell me what I will need to vertically mount the gpu and add the capture card. I apologize for questions that might be common sense to you guys, I just don’t want to start building and find out I am missing this or that as I am very eager to get this pc going and start streaming and making videos, thanks.

Edit: for the gpu it looks like I will need to buy a riser cable and everything else needed is with the case, will a 200mm do for this build? (Crosshair vii mobo, capture card and m.2 will be the only things installed pci) if someone could confirm this please...as for the capture card, I’m not sure what’s needed, I figured they would just plug in but phantek has an item for it?

Thank you for the pic..what mobo are you using? Are you able to run just one software for all the rgb?

I'm using an ASUS ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming motherboard. All my RGB lighting apart from one ASUS Aura light on the motherboard (not really noticeable so I'll either have it off or on its stock RGB colour cycle) is ran via iCUE.

Archived