Corsair Community

H100i no fans in Link

magichat

I've been trying to fix the single LED channel at different times over the past few years. I bought an H100i Jan. 2012, it shipped with 1.0.0 firmware. shortly after only the blue LED would work. I've never had a problem having the pump recognized. but I've had the fans disappear a few times. This last time I updated from firmware 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 to see if that helped get all 3 LED channels open again. Instead I lost the fans in the Link software which sucks because I finally got around to buying 4 SP120's to get rid of the fan motor noise at low RPM. I'm also running the latest 2.7 build of corsair link from this forum. I am on windows 8.1, asus ROG formula V mobo.

tl;dr

-I haven't installed the new fans as they won't arrive until tomorrow.

-Corsair Link detects the pump.

-the LED is normally blue, but sometimes on start-up it will be green or red. It will never have more than one color available.

-The stock fans connected through the Y-splitter attached to the pump don't show up in corsair link

-using latest Link software and pump firmware

-registry edit fixed the fan problem once, but has not since then.

-using different USB header or plugging into back changes nothing, as the pump has always showed up in link.

I've been digging through this forum and tried everything I've seen so far. A sticky with all the problems and their possible solutions would be nice since there seems to be a significant number of threads asking a variety of questions.

thanks for the SIV, it recognizes it without a problem. This also lets me re-enter my custom curves and will let me program the 3rd and 4th fans I'll have when I get the 4 new fans tomorrow. While i can change the LED with the program as I can in CL, only the blue LED is affected. I'm happy I can do what I'm supposed to be able to in CL, but the LED still only has a single channel, and CL doesn't work again. The link software has been a pain since shortly after I first set it up over 2 years ago.

h100iSIV.thumb.jpg.8f85f817f70af27a3b06b459b555d379.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=20639&d=1421955770

I am happy to hear SIV worked and you can now setup and control the fans. I assume you have figured out [save] will save the current profile information and [Reset] will restore it. If you wish to restore the saved profile on SIV start-up create a shortcut that specifies similar to C:\SIV\SIV64X.exe -CRLCTL. I first used CL last summer, was none to impressed by it and felt I could do better. The only issues I now have with controlling my CL hardware are down to issues (bugs) in the CL firmware.

I guess the LED issue is faulty hardware as SIV can control my H100i LEDs correctly.

BTW does SIV get all the motherboard temperatures and voltages correct? Quite often I need to adjust the +5 and +12 volt scaling for different motherboards. If they are incorrect and you e-mail me the two Menu->File->Save Local files I will fix them.

Archived