Corsair Community

M90 Hardware playback refuses to work

FragmanNI

Hey,

Got my M90 a few days ago, and up until today was working fine. I took it out of my desktop, and was using it on a work laptop all day today (without installing drivers on the lappy), and now that I've plugged it back into my desktop, I can't get hardware playback to work.

As an example, I am binding a button (9) to my keyboards + key. In software playback, it works fine (punches out +++ in notepad), but it doesn't when I select hardware playback. The profile LEDs aren't lighting up now either.

I have tried reflashing the mouse, reinstalling drivers, and a combination of both. This has not helped. I have bound the mouses (4) key to Profile Select, in addition to the default Profile Up and Down keys on it, and pressing these in hardware playback mode does nothing, even when I have multiple profiles set to the mouse, set to different LEDs. They seem to work in software mode however.

Any ideas/ extra info you need, let me know.

UPDATE: Well, this is weird. I spent an hour trying to get this to work, and gave up. Left my computer, went to chill with housemates for like an hour. Now that I've came back, the profile LEDs have lit up, and hardware playback is working.

The hell? Here's hoping it stays working after a restart :P

Before enabling Hardware playback,

You need to assign a profile to an L.E.D, Then press "Save to M90"

Next to the button is a %. Once that completes you can now enable hardware playback and the buttons should work fine.

Ok, after a reboot, hardware playback has stopped working again...

I've just tried that toasted (disable hardware playback, manage profiles, profile was already bound to LED 1, so I unbound it, saved, rebound it, saved, closed the profile saving window, and enabled hardware playback again)

No dice, LEDs not lighting, and binds not working :/ Here's hoping the 'fix' isn't just waiting for an hour

EDIT: I've also noticed that swapping between hardware/software, resets my mouse to my lowest DPI setting

REDIT: Ok...so about an hour after posting this, it's randomly started working again. Any idea what's going on? Don't want to have to wait like 1.30 hours every time I boot for binds to work :(

Are you on the latest firmware and using the latest software?

Yeah, I am man, 1.00.00.29, fw1.11. Just tried again, and it definitely seems there's a problem with it handling reboots. Perhaps there's a service that handles the hardware playback that is taking a while to wake up?

I set the "button4" as "Profile Select" Button in All 6 profile saved in M90 hardware. So I can change each profile by this one and free "button10&11".

Press "button4" and change the profile to light up the right profile's LED in "hardware playback" mode.

Remember to press "Save to M90" after all.

OK, I mean to say "Just try it".

I set the "button4" as "Profile Select" Button in All 6 profile saved in M90 hardware. So I can change each profile by this one and free "button10&11".

Press "button4" and change the profile to light up the right profile's LED in "hardware playback" mode.

Remember to press "Save to M90" after all.

OK, I mean to say "Just try it".

I'll give this a go when I get home (at work atm), though I'm pretty sure I tried something similar earlier. I'll post back here in about 7/8 hours!

• Corsair Employee
FragmanNI, let's go ahead and replace the mouse for you. It sounds like there is something wrong and it should not be behaving in the manner you're describing. Fill out a RMA request and let me know the case number so I can approve it.

FragmanNI, let's go ahead and replace the mouse for you. It sounds like there is something wrong and it should not be behaving in the manner you're describing. Fill out a RMA request and let me know the case number so I can approve it.

Sounds good. Just applied, I'll get you the number ASAP

Sorry, had no internet for a few days there. Case number is 5127652, thanks.:sunglasse

• 4 months later...

Just received my M90 today and am having the exact same issues using the Corsair Software. In Hardware playback mode I can get a couple games working for short periods of time but 2 out of 3 i get no response. Same with software mode, default profile will work with explorer but none of my other profiles will work once I have activated this one from inside the software even though I can see their profile names displaying in the bottom corner. Profile switch keys won't work at all in Hardware playback mode, Up Down or Select.

Am going to try uninstalling all soft\hardware and updating firmware again. Will come back tomorrow and open up a support ticket if this doesn't work. :(

for got to add: the profile lights do not change. has been stuck on 4 lights all evening no matter what profile is active in Hardware playback or regular modes.

Is M90Hid.exe running in Task Manager?

always running.

tried redoing the firmware update and software installation. also tried different usb ports, no changes.

Have tried on 2 pcs now. one running win7 x64 and one running win8 x64. same issues with the M90 on both.

have 1 profile (default) that seems to work fine with it's programmed keyboard keys in games and windows but the others do not respond ingame half the time. also the LEDs just seem to have a mind of their own, usually on 2 lights now no matter what the profile.

hardware playback mode does not work at all. also, it auto changes my buttons 5 & 6 from my settings: DPI Select and Profile Select (in all custom profiles), to DPI up & down.

How are you saving the changes to the profile? Are you doing so with hardware playback unchecked? For button 5 and 6, does it ever work at all without applying a DPI change?

Save to the M90 by double-click in Manage Profiles and click "Save to M90, then wait for after 100%". Have tried assigning appropriate .exe and LEDs and then checking "Hardware playback" after save. None of it works.

When "Hardware playback" is checked buttons 5 & 6 always revert to DPI Up & Down no matter what profile I use, even when locked.

When in "software mode" my profiles usually work, just not in most games, buttons 5 & 6 are set to DPI Select & Profile Select in my default profile and they work in Windows.

What are you assigning to the buttons?

If the side buttons are keys e.g. a, b, c, etc, open Notepad and test if it works.

have. like I said: default profile works in Windows when in software mode. also works in a few of the games as long as they support the keys that are programmed into my "default" M90 profile. Hardware playback does not work AT ALL.

Latest BIOS and chipset drivers?

Try the M90 on another computer and see if the button's work under hardware playback mode.

always running.

tried redoing the firmware update and software installation. also tried different usb ports, no changes.

Have tried on 2 pcs now. one running win7 x64 and one running win8 x64. same issues with the M90 on both.

have 1 profile (default) that seems to work fine with it's programmed keyboard keys in games and windows but the others do not respond ingame half the time. also the LEDs just seem to have a mind of their own, usually on 2 lights now no matter what the profile.

hardware playback mode does not work at all. also, it auto changes my buttons 5 & 6 from my settings: DPI Select and Profile Select (in all custom profiles), to DPI up & down.

everything is up to date on both PCs; BIOS, chipset, windows, etc.

Profile 2 appears to be setup properly but there is no Profile Up/Down assigned to change the profiles while on hardware playback.

Assign two side buttons to Profile Up/Down and save it to the M90. Then click them and see if the L.E.Ds change. Then go back to the assigned L.E.D. and see if the sidebuttons work.

Archived