Corsair Community

M90 Hardware playback refuses to work

FragmanNI

already have, and as I have repeatedly stated, they do not work in Hardware playback mode.

on that profile(Profile 2) button 5 is DPI Select, button 6 is Profile Select and neither of them work in Hardware playback mode.

on previous profiles to be used in Hardware playback mode I have tried using both Profile Up & Profile Down on their default 10 & 11 buttons and they do not function in Hardware playback mode. when in Hardware playback mode I get the 3 default mouse buttons(left, right, middle) plus buttons 5 & 6 stuck at DPI Up & DPI Down. nothing else responds and the LEDs stay at the same setting no matter what.

1st install\upgrade of the firmware the LEDs got stuck @ 4 even though no profile was assigned to that LED. 2nd try upgrading firmware LEDs were stuck @ 2 even though still there was no profile assigned to that LED either. and now after 3rd try flashing firmware upgrade the LEDs are stuck @ 3 and still no profile assigned to that LED.

after flashing the memory again with the firmware updater I have made some very small steps towards improvement. i can get the profile LEDs to switch up using Profile Up(now on button 11) but Profile Down(now on button 10) doesn't work. and buttons 5 & 6 are still useless, they're always stuck on DPI Up & Down when I try to remap them but now that I'm not changing them button 5 acts as left-click and 6 does nothing at all.

also, what is the point of having "hardware mode" assigned to certain programs if I would still have to manually switch to that profile when using that program? even when\if it is "working" I've lost 4 of my custom buttons, 2 due to them having to be Profile Up & Down and 2 because buttons 5 & 6 won't function correctly.

this mouse is the biggest waste of time I've ever had with a peripheral device. too much trouble that doesn't simplify for 6 extra buttons when my Sidewinder X8 is much better with it's only 4 extras.

• 3 months later...

Hey. I seem to be having the same problem. Just got a M90 and I've read this thread through. I've done the steps to save it to the mouse and check hardware feedback.

At first I saw only one LED lit up no matter how much I tried to cycle. The actual cycling was working but the LED wouldn't correspondingly light up. Then at some point three LED's were lit up but that won't change either. I create a profile, bind things, save it to the M90 and check Hardware Playback.

Not only does it not work in game (Guild Wars 2) it completely unbinds everything and goes back to defaults. To top it off, when I played around with it some more and checked hardware playback and started clicking I got a BSoD.

With games that don't refuse third party software. I can bind stuff and it works normally, but when I need Hardware Playback it doesn't work whatsoever. Seems to be the same problem described. Same symptoms. Help please.

Yes sir. Number four. But like I said. I watch the profiles switch on the software but the LEDs stay stuck with three lit up. And if I do my setup, save to the mouse and checkmark hardware playback, everything unbinds anyway. Open notepad and the keys from the keyboard that are done to the key no longer work. Back and forward are in their default positions etc.

UPDATE: I plugged into my MacBook Pro with Windows 7 bootcamp. Downloaded everything, and everything seems to work fine. I bind things for each profile, save to the mouse, check hardware playback and it still remains bound correctly. Tested it in notes. When I click to switch between profiles, the LED's light up correspondingly. I don't currently have Guild Wars 2 on there so I can't say whether it will accept it in the game or not. But there's clearly none of the horrible problems I experience on my PC. I suspect my motherboard (it's died and been replaced TWICE) on many counts but I digress... I'll have to install it and get back to y'all on whether or not hardware playback makes the game accept the extra buttons as keys from the keyboard.

Archived