Corsair Community

750D - Bottom hdd cage mounting brackets (lost after fan install)

justchil

Greetings.

I lost the two plastic pieces that the HDD cages are mounted to in the bottom of my 750D when I installed fans. I have now removed the fans and need to mount the cages back in place. I can't find a part number or this part for sale anywhere. I have contacted support but wanted to ask here as well.

Attached is an image with these parts outlined in green. Would anyone have any ideas on where to buy these? -- or possibly another part that would do the trick?

Thanks!

750D.jpg.721576cc8b1cdbc57fa98c0453c873d6.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Hey justchil, I really don't remember that part being offered as an accessory part for our 750D case. I could be wrong though, so best would is to wait for our customer service response and see if we do have that plastic piece as a spare part. You should get a response anytime today.

I received a response back:

Thank you for contacting Corsair regarding your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have those plastic parts available separately, I'm sorry.

I sort of expected that. Hopefully I can find someone that doesn't need/want them or find some other way to mount the drive cages to the bottom of the case.

You can mount the HDD cages on the underside of the mounting for 5.25 inch optical drives. If I remember correctly, the HDD cage slots into the underside of the 5.25 cage and is then secured by a screw which goes through a small bracket on the top of the HDD cage. You can then mount a second cage to the bottom of the first.

You can also get mountings to convert the 5.25 inch mountings to 3.5 inh ones, both internal and external. Look at Icy Dock for ideas.

You can mount the HDD cages on the underside of the mounting for 5.25 inch optical drives. If I remember correctly, the HDD cage slots into the underside of the 5.25 cage and is then secured by a screw which goes through a small bracket on the top of the HDD cage. You can then mount a second cage to the bottom of the first.

You can also get mountings to convert the 5.25 inch mountings to 3.5 inh ones, both internal and external. Look at Icy Dock for ideas.

That's how I had it setup after install the fans. I am wanting to put as many hdd cages in as possible so I will need to install the second row at the bottom where the fans were. I will have the 5.25 converted as well.

Pretty bummed they don't sell this part. I will have to post on a few forums to beg for someone to sell me theirs I guess.

Archived