Corsair Community

Compatible Memory or not

oxicottin

Yes I know, I had it built... I was reading the CPUZ report is incorrect. I have the largest i3 CPU and it says I have a i5. The memory I selected will it work? I'm not into overclocking I just wanted good memory and I can get that one at the price of the cheaper ones. Anyway, I attached a screen shot of my OS System.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/oxicottin/SystemCapture_zps56aac44c.jpg

Thanks,

Soggy

well you cant use "extra" memory, you would need to purchase and install a SINGLE kit of the desired capacity. (up to an 2x8g pair)

i mean you cannot add to the memory you have now.

and which version of windows, it makes a difference. home basic can only have 8 gig max

Yes I know, I had it built... I was reading the CPUZ report is incorrect. I have the largest i3 CPU and it says I have a i5. The memory I selected will it work? I'm not into overclocking I just wanted good memory and I can get that one at the price of the cheaper ones. Anyway, I attached a screen shot of my OS System. have an I3 and again,
I'm sorry even with the information you provided it doesn't give any insight as to whether or not those would work or not.

As I stated above, if the BIOS is locked to where you can not adjust timings and voltages , then I would say no. Or you should at least call Toshiba and ask them. That kit has not been tested on that system in Corsairs database, so there is no way to guarantee that these will work.

I don't know how much more we could tell you...all you can do is try them and hope.

As RamGuy stated if it is not listed then there is no way to say for sure.

If you decide to buy them just make sure you can return them if they don't work.They may have the same timings and speed, but the chips used to build the modules that is the iffy part.

• Corsair Employee
As a side note I have not seen any Core I3 that would support 8.0 Gig modules and we only suggest 8.0 Gig modules with Core I5 or newer so again I would see if the OEM offers 8.0 Gig modules for that system and ask them by phone if it will support it. But that is about all I can say since your system is not listed as supporting these modules I cannot promise it will work.

Archived