Corsair Community

Can't find where to change fan speeds for case fans

laminatedpain

Hi, I have my 3 radiator LLRGB fans plugged into the pump fan headers and then my other 3 LLRGB fans in my case are plugged into the Commander Pro. I can change the 3 pump fan speeds in iCue via the H150i, but I can't see where to change the fan speed of my other 3 case fans. The Commander Pro only shows lighting effects.

Thank you!

In the "predefined" column of lighting effects on the left side of the drop down, color wave and visor with give you a swirl and then check the circle below to make it alternate between 2 colors, rather than random. Visor blends the 2 on each fan. Color wave is more of a traditional alternate pattern.

The Lighting Link version will do the same and apply it across all devices, but that then locks them together. You can set devices individually for combinations of static/dynamic effects by using the predefined or manually created effects in the middle column.

In the "predefined" column of lighting effects on the left side of the drop down, color wave and visor with give you a swirl and then check the circle below to make it alternate between 2 colors, rather than random. Visor blends the 2 on each fan. Color wave is more of a traditional alternate pattern.

The Lighting Link version will do the same and apply it across all devices, but that then locks them together. You can set devices individually for combinations of static/dynamic effects by using the predefined or manually created effects in the middle column.

I'm looking for something like the visor but all the fans are lit up at the same time. At the moment it just cycles through the fans individually.

I'm looking for something like the visor but all the fans are lit up at the same time. At the moment it just cycles through the fans individually.

You can use layers to put down a solid base color and then run visor on top of it. Is that what you are looking for?

I think we are getting into more complicated territory here. It sounds like you need a custom wave, that has a two color gradient, and is duplicated for each fan so there is one instance per fan. The motion aspect makes it more complicated. Otherwise you could set individual LEDs. Perhaps one of the other guys know simpler way.

In the meantime, you might be able to do a cheap version by layering a single color "marquee" on top of a different solid color (if LL has marquee?).

I've just been having a play with the custom Wave setting and have something similar to what I think you're after.

Start with a static colour on all fans as a background. Then layer above it a custom Wave.

Set the velocity to 16 lights/second and it will take 1s for each fan to fully light.

Set the tail to 16 lights or more so that at least one fan remains illuminated fully before the effect moves on.

Then set the lighting time to the number of fans plus however many you need for the tail (6 if using the numbers above, 7 if you set the tail to 32).

You can play with the length of the tail and layering more waves (with shorter tails so the colour below comes through).

Heck, you could forgo the base layer and just keep adding alternate layers in different colours with and ever decreasing tails.

I have 2 of my ML120 RGB fans setup like this. I've set a solid red layer on both fans. Since I've only got 4 LEDs per fan I set the velocity to 4 lights/sec. The first layer (green) has a tail of 8 (2 fans) and the top layer (blue) has a tail of 4 lights. Lighting time is set to 3s so that the effect can finish and the base layer comes in like another wave.

This gives the effect of red being replaced with green being replaced with blue being replaced by red, etc, moving from one fan to the other.

Have a good play around and you should be able to get it just right. And don't worry if they go out of sync, just quit and re-open iCUE and they should sync up nicely again.

I've just been having a play with the custom Wave setting and have something similar to what I think you're after.

Start with a static colour on all fans as a background. Then layer above it a custom Wave.

Set the velocity to 16 lights/second and it will take 1s for each fan to fully light.

Set the tail to 16 lights or more so that at least one fan remains illuminated fully before the effect moves on.

Then set the lighting time to the number of fans plus however many you need for the tail (6 if using the numbers above, 7 if you set the tail to 32).

You can play with the length of the tail and layering more waves (with shorter tails so the colour below comes through).

Heck, you could forgo the base layer and just keep adding alternate layers in different colours with and ever decreasing tails.

I have 2 of my ML120 RGB fans setup like this. I've set a solid red layer on both fans. Since I've only got 4 LEDs per fan I set the velocity to 4 lights/sec. The first layer (green) has a tail of 8 (2 fans) and the top layer (blue) has a tail of 4 lights. Lighting time is set to 3s so that the effect can finish and the base layer comes in like another wave.

This gives the effect of red being replaced with green being replaced with blue being replaced by red, etc, moving from one fan to the other.

Have a good play around and you should be able to get it just right. And don't worry if they go out of sync, just quit and re-open iCUE and they should sync up nicely again.

Thank you! I'll play around with it and see if I can do it haha

Archived