Corsair Community

Macro stops when another key is pressed

AndreLuisOS

Good morning!

Just bought this keyboard to replace my old Belkin Nostromo N52 (:p:). I'm loving the keyboard and CUE is awesome.

However, I miss one feature available and very needy on MMORPGs: running macros simultaneosly. CUE seems to stop macro toggles when another macro key is pressed.

Can we have this feature on CUE?

I'm running W10 64bit. I'm still having to use the N52 to use macros simultaneosly :[pouts:

I've checked and Logitech's G15 and Razer products can do that as well.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Up. Are we having this feature anytime soon?

Last info I had about this was in June 2016. Corsair James said: This has to do with repeat functions of a macro and is something we can do. Itll take some time to implement but I can explore it. It won't be anytime soon though because itll be a massive overhaul of the macro engine and this is something that we'll see in CUE 3, not CUE 2.

I've seen this requested a dozen times on the CUE sub forums. I would say they have it on the agenda and far be it from me to say for sure without any real info, but I think it would be implemented by CUE 3 or some version shortly thereafter.

Looking at the XML it appears that Qt framework reads through what the CUE program or the hardware saves out as actions or steps and repeats them in accordance with delays or toggle or repeat settings. The problem (as I see it) being it is single threaded.

I assume they, as James said, may need to reinvent how the ingested steps are played back. I am not a programmer, but I would say while that sounds trivial, the toggle-ability or the while pressed ability of the independent macros means in each fired macro would need to check constantly whether something was held or pressed/fired again, all while not being the only thing acted upon while simultaneously not eating more than one core of your processor...and without delays of more than a few ms.

Clearly as you stated above, other manufacturers have achieved this and it is un-patentable as you could probably get there more than one way. I am sure they are working on it.

I have lots of Corsair hardware yet for me, I would never benefit from this as, although I am an avid gamer, I am not an MMORPGer. While I do not at all discount its necessity, I am sure they do not either and I would say it is coming. Something tells me the manner in which the corsair hardware/software had evolved made it difficult to implement.

Any chance an autohotkey script could stand in the gap for you with this in the meantime? I am not an expert, but I've seen it sort of work in my own testing examples and I assume someone could come up with something better smoother here with community involvement

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen this requested a dozen times on the CUE sub forums. I would say they have it on the agenda and far be it from me to say for sure without any real info, but I think it would be implemented by CUE 3 or some version shortly thereafter.

Looking at the XML it appears that Qt framework reads through what the CUE program or the hardware saves out as actions or steps and repeats them in accordance with delays or toggle or repeat settings. The problem (as I see it) being it is single threaded.

I assume they, as James said, may need to reinvent how the ingested steps are played back. I am not a programmer, but I would say while that sounds trivial, the toggle-ability or the while pressed ability of the independent macros means in each fired macro would need to check constantly whether something was held or pressed/fired again, all while not being the only thing acted upon while simultaneously not eating more than one core of your processor...and without delays of more than a few ms.

Clearly as you stated above, other manufacturers have achieved this and it is un-patentable as you could probably get there more than one way. I am sure they are working on it.

I have lots of Corsair hardware yet for me, I would never benefit from this as, although I am an avid gamer, I am not an MMORPGer. While I do not at all discount its necessity, I am sure they do not either and I would say it is coming. Something tells me the manner in which the corsair hardware/software had evolved made it difficult to implement.

Any chance an autohotkey script could stand in the gap for you with this in the meantime? I am not an expert, but I've seen it sort of work in my own testing examples and I assume someone could come up with something better smoother here with community involvement

I've never tried those. I'll check it out.

This feature is very useful when it comes down to MMORPG.

Archived