Corsair Community

Suddenly failure with Force 3 60 GB

Hi, i was working pretty fine for 3 months with my raid 0 array with a seagate 1TB HD and a SSD Corsair 60GB Force 3 series, yesterday i uninstalled a big piece of sofwate (the old republic 14GB) make a register clean with cc cleaner, went outside and when i came back home turned off the PC and windows didn't boot. :eek:

I had to reinstall everything from 0, what happened? can't i trust a SSD anylonger?

My Asus mobo bios is updated and a few hours ago i upgraded the SSD firmware from 1.3.3 to latest version 5.02

im using intel smart techonology latest version 10.8.

A Secure erase will permanently delete all the data on the SSD. By setup, It would be mean re-configure the SRT settings.

If you cannot boot into Windows and you have important data on the HD, Plug it into another computer and copy your data to a drive.

A Secure erase will permanently delete all the data on the SSD. By setup, It would be mean re-configure the SRT settings.

If you cannot boot into Windows and you have important data on the HD, Plug it into another computer and copy your data to a drive.

ok thanks,

I've already reinstalled windows, gonna do the secure erase in a few days, i've already upgrade the firmware, if that not solve the issue the SSD goes out....

BTW how does the secure erase help to my problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
We can try and replace the drive if you like, please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can try and replace it. But from what you have posted it sounds like it might be some other issue.

• 3 weeks later...
We can try and replace the drive if you like, please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can try and replace it. But from what you have posted it sounds like it might be some other issue.

i can't im in another country.

Well it did it again today after a few weeks of working fine, yetersted i uninstalled swtor (20GB), and a few minutes ago i tried to close windows 7, it didn't close, turn the power button off, then on, then appear intel cache reconstructing then windows 7 didn't logged in.....

i blame the SSD 100% i could be wrong but if i have to bet i blame the ssd firmware.:[pouts:

I can't trust an ssd like this. I was using it in order to accelerate my HDD.

Archived