Corsair Community

Possibility To Work With Asus Aurora ?

Dicehunter

Is there any remote possibility that iCUE could either work with or completely replace Asus Aurora for things like the motherboard RGB and connected RGB strips as Asus Aurora lets you control your Corsair RGB memory.

Would look amazing considering the Far Cry 5 implementation could then take advantage of all the RGB goodness on a given mobo instead of just being static.

Yes iCUE could talk to all the device that ASUS does through their software with the use of API from those companies. But not all of the LEDs can output at the necessary FPS to keep up with the rest of Corsairs devices. They are looking into supporting other device but it's up to those manufacturers to work with Corsair.

Yes iCUE could talk to all the device that ASUS does through their software with the use of API from those companies. But not all of the LEDs can output at the necessary FPS to keep up with the rest of Corsairs devices. They are looking into supporting other device but it's up to those manufacturers to work with Corsair.

Interesting, Thank for the info :):

Interesting, Thank for the info :):

I wrote a script that uses a command line tool that someone else wrote for Gigabyte's Fusion. The script monitors the active processes i.e. Farcry5 and Overwatch. When it sees one of these process active, it then parses in a XML profile/config for that game that I created in Gigabyte's GUI and loads the color scheme. It still is very much a work in progress, though as Asus is a much more popular brand, I think you could find something like that for Asus. I know there is RGB.NET, though that might be the opposite.

It isn't directly integrated into iCUE, though it is a cool neat way to get everything to sync up. My FarCry5 profile is only set to static red/white/blue. So it doesn't match up to the colors during different parts of the game.

To be honest iCUE is the best RGB software I have seen out there. Even though my motherboard has 2xdigital headers and I have digital RGB strips and had my HD-120s working off the headers. I chose to buy a Lighting Node Pro in the middle of downloading the software and I haven't looked back. Even though I am techy and like to tinker. It is nice to have most of the lights controlled by one tool.

Is there any remote possibility that iCUE could either work with or completely replace Asus Aurora for things like the motherboard RGB and connected RGB strips as Asus Aurora lets you control your Corsair RGB memory.

Would look amazing considering the Far Cry 5 implementation could then take advantage of all the RGB goodness on a given mobo instead of just being static.

Just wanted to add my +1 for there to be better cooperation between Computer/RGB manufacturers like this. I really, truly feel like it would help everyone's bottom line, both the consumer as well as the companies.

While different brands have their own eco systems for RGB, I am guessing that can potentially hurt some manufactures, forcing consumers to choose a different brand to get the lighting they want to make things manageable. Personally I choose function over RGB but I am a sucker for cool RGB things. As a consumer it is frustrating to see cool things I want to get knowing that I have to add yet another RGB program to the mix and face possible conflicts or poorly developed programs (not Corsair's :biggrin: ).

Is there or can there be some sort of standard RGB implementation process where all manufacturers agree to abide by certain guidelines to make using different brands more interchangeable? I know it is wishful thinking but I really think this would help everyone in the end.

Just wanted to add my +1 for there to be better cooperation between Computer/RGB manufacturers like this. I really, truly feel like it would help everyone's bottom line, both the consumer as well as the companies.

While different brands have their own eco systems for RGB, I am guessing that can potentially hurt some manufactures, forcing consumers to choose a different brand to get the lighting they want to make things manageable. Personally I choose function over RGB but I am a sucker for cool RGB things. As a consumer it is frustrating to see cool things I want to get knowing that I have to add yet another RGB program to the mix and face possible conflicts or poorly developed programs (not Corsair's :biggrin: ).

Is there or can there be some sort of standard RGB implementation process where all manufacturers agree to abide by certain guidelines to make using different brands more interchangeable? I know it is wishful thinking but I really think this would help everyone in the end.

Completely agree, There needs to be some sort of RGB standard so products can work together, It's annoying having to have 3 or 4 different programs for the exact same task.

Well, it might help the smaller guys but people like Corsair, wants you to buy into the whole system. They don't want to fight with other people in every category. And whos software would control everything? No one is going to spend time and money supporting other peoples devices just to lose business on your own. The SW is free the HW is what makes the $$$. Think of it as a restaurant with a special sauce, the sauce is usually free but the actual food cost money lol.

They spent the past year working on iCUE so they could say "hey buy into our ecosystem, we have literally every damn thing that goes into the computer other than CPU, GPU, and mobo. And all your RGB syncs, no one else sync"

And the real show stopper is the hardware controllers that everyone picks. The backend code needs to be done in a way that it can easily tie into the companies API, and have people agree on APIs is near damn impossible.

So let's hope that Corsair becomes so dominant that everyone else is forced to work with them.

Completely agree, There needs to be some sort of RGB standard so products can work together, It's annoying having to have 3 or 4 different programs for the exact same task.

Buy into the one system that syncs everything :P lol.

yeah they really need to work on a led rgb standart... there is some kind of standart... but the companies mixed it up so u have to stick with their stuff...

i think icue should support motherboards, i dont even think using the api is copyright protectet... ASUS rgb sofware is really very minialistic should not be hard to implement....

PWM control

led header control

onboard led control

ram controll like gskill ram

these features would save us a lot of hustle...

one software for all!

Well, it might help the smaller guys but people like Corsair, wants you to buy into the whole system. They don't want to fight with other people in every category. And whos software would control everything? No one is going to spend time and money supporting other peoples devices just to lose business on your own. The SW is free the HW is what makes the $$$. Think of it as a restaurant with a special sauce, the sauce is usually free but the actual food cost money lol.

They spent the past year working on iCUE so they could say "hey buy into our ecosystem, we have literally every damn thing that goes into the computer other than CPU, GPU, and mobo. And all your RGB syncs, no one else sync"

And the real show stopper is the hardware controllers that everyone picks. The backend code needs to be done in a way that it can easily tie into the companies API, and have people agree on APIs is near damn impossible.

So let's hope that Corsair becomes so dominant that everyone else is forced to work with them.

Buy into the one system that syncs everything :P lol.

I was not implying that companies not make money by selling their components nor should larger companies give things away or do software development for other brands. If there was some easier way to allow the different systems to cooperate with one another it would be to the consumers benefit. I don't think it would hurt a company like Corsair at all. If fact it would encourage me to look at their products more.

As much as I have liked and purchased many corsair RGB products, I don't want to be "held hostage" by a brand. My larger concern is having RGB systems working nicely together. In particular, having motherboard manufacturers RGB systems working nicely with RGB software like iCue. To my knowledge Corsair is not in the motherboard business. :biggrin:

I don't believe this is impossible at all if efforts were put into it. Perhaps efforts are already happening. We shall see.

Archived