Corsair Community

Corsair Twin Pack 3 pins SP120 Fan quiet edition

Striken

Hi,

I've purchase the Corsair twin SP120 Fan quiet edition to replace my 2 H100i fans but after I open the fan case i discover that they only have 3 pin instead of 4.

The Store doesn't change them because I rep the case. The fans make a lot of noise to a silent edition fan.

What can I do? Did I lose the money invested?

Thanks

ill bump this thread up so you can get some help :)

and i just have to ask...are you running at max speed? if you are try lowering them to less than 1000 and see if they still make alot of noise

Thanks mate,

Yes I am, only when gaming the fans speed up.

I've purchase that twin pack to use in the H100i cooler, but only now I know that it's better to use 4 pin fans in the cooler then 3 and I taught that the twin pack was proper for the cooler unit so it could make less noise :mad:

Plug the fans into a MB header and see if they still make noise. If they do not it is not the fans , but the controller on the H!00i . They will make most standard 3 pin fans make this type of noise. and why Corsair went to the 4 pin PWM fans.

If they are quiet when connected to a MB header then they can not be RMA'd for this because technically there is nothing wrong with them.

Plug the fans into a MB header and see if they still make noise. If they do not it is not the fans , but the controller on the H!00i . They will make most standard 3 pin fans make this type of noise. and why Corsair went to the 4 pin PWM fans.

If they are quiet when connected to a MB header then they can not be RMA'd for this because technically there is nothing wrong with them.

Yes,

They make noise connected to the MB. More that the 4 pin H100i fans.

And I tough they where going to be silenter...

• Corsair Employee
Hello Striken, You can RMA the set of fans and we will go ahead and ship you the 4pin PWM SP120 Quiet fans. Please indicate on your ticket that you received the 3 pin and would like the 4pin.

Hello Striken, You can RMA the set of fans and we will go ahead and ship you the 4pin PWM SP120 Quiet fans. Please indicate on your ticket that you received the 3 pin and would like the 4pin.

Thank you very much for the support RG.

I will do that.

Best regards,

S

NP please post the case number so I can make sure they send the right fans

Hi RG, thanks again for your help on this issue.

My RMA Ticket number is: 6023206

Part number: CO-9050006-WW (SP120 twin pack silent fans 3 pin).

I asked to be changed to the same SP120 twin pack silent fans, but with 4 pin instead of 3.

I'm just waiting for the ticket to be accepted.

Thanks once more,

S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RG,

I receive the fans today but unfortunately they came wrong.

I was hoping for an SP120 quiet edition twin pack PWM.

The support sent me 2 PWM fans but from the H100i cooler, not the SP120 quiet edition PWM.

Can you do something RG?

Thanks.

S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I never heard anything from you again.

I've sent my two SP120 3 pin quiet fans and receive two H100i 4 pin fans instead of the SP120.

Anyway it doesn't matter, I gave up waiting and installed these two H100i stock fans and now I have 4 fans in push pull configuration.

That was the good thing, these two H100i fans had an additional mounting screws that I can use to mount two more fans in the radiator.

A little more noisy but also more cooler.

Next time I'll buy the four 4 pin SP120 fans ;):

Thanks,

Problem solved.

• Corsair Employee
Well you are using the H100i correct? if yes then they sent the correct fans I would not suggest using other fans with the fan controller on our coolers. If you want to use other fans on the cooler I would suggest using a different controller.

Well you are using the H100i correct? if yes then they sent the correct fans I would not suggest using other fans with the fan controller on our coolers. If you want to use other fans on the cooler I would suggest using a different controller.

As I said before,

I don't mind having this fans.

Just don't tell me that the H100i cooler only works with the original fans. Aren't the Corsair SP120 quiet edition fans supposed to work well in the H100i cooler to? At least you sell them as they do, (with pictures of this type of fan in the cooler an all).

That's why I bought them, to have a cooler with quiet fans.

The point was to change a 3 pin to a four pin fans and not to change the type of fans it self.

Anyway, thanks for the help. My mistake. Next time I buy with more attention.

As I said before,

I don't mind having this fans.

Just don't tell me that the H100i cooler only works with the original fans. Aren't the Corsair SP120 quiet edition fans supposed to work well in the H100i cooler to? At least you sell them as they do, (with pictures of this type of fan in the cooler an all).

That's why I bought them, to have a cooler with quiet fans.

The point was to change a 3 pin to a four pin fans and not to change the type of fans it self.

Anyway, thanks for the help. My mistake. Next time I buy with more attention.

Hey, don't give up in trying to get the correct fans that you probably spent good money on. You purchased the SP120's and they should have replaced them with the proper 4 pins SP model, not the 4 pin stock fans. I would dispute this if I was you.

I just purchased myself the SP120's Performance models w/4pins at Amazon. They were $26.00 shipped.

Don't give-up! get you're correct fans!

peace

Aren't the Corsair SP120 quiet edition fans supposed to work well in the H100i cooler to? At least you sell them as they do, (with pictures of this type of fan in the cooler an all).

no actually they advertise the Dual SP120L High Performance Fans to work with the hydro coolers,while very similar in looks they are different.

no actually they advertise the Dual SP120L High Performance Fans to work with the hydro coolers,while very similar in looks they are different.

It's not what I read here.

You can choose between Performance and Silent fans for the H100i cooler.

http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan.html

Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan

Quote:.."It’s an ideal solution for radiator and heatsink use"...

They are talking about the SP120 quiet edition fan.

And this:

http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/introducing-corsair-air-series-fans

Quote:..."The SP series has seven fan blades that are much thicker than those on the AF series. These are the type of fans you will want to use if you are trying to force air through another object such as a radiator or heat sink. Just like the AF series the SP series has both a Performance and Quiet Edition,"...

"...Obviously, the primary job of a case fan is to move air, but there are actually different situations a fan might find itself in, so there is no single fan design which will be the best for every application. In some cases you will have a fan pushing air through another object; a good example of this is with our Hydro Series CPU coolers where you have a fan pushing air through a radiator, or any number of CPU air coolers that have a fan pushing air through a heat-sink. In this situation static pressure is going to be more important than pure CFM. When it comes to your standard case fan which has limited obstructions to worry about, a fan that can move air at a high CFM is ideal. In addition to performance we also wanted to take into account the noise level of the fans. Knowing this from the beginning we set out to create a full range of fans that would be able to meet the demands of any system. We feel that we have answered these demands with our new launch of AF (Airflow) and SP (Static Pressure) case fans, which both come with a Quiet Edition variant"...

It's not what I read where.

You can choose between Performance and Silent fans for the H100i cooler.

http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-k...120mm-fan.html

Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan

Quote:.."It’s an ideal solution for radiator and heatsink use"...

They are talking about the SP120 quiet edition fan.

Correct, but those are the 3pin version and you need the 4pin PWM version. I would also dispute that as well. You paid for the updgraded fans and recived stock ones back. I'm sure it was just an oversight , but you should get what you paid for.

This is what you should have gotten back

http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-pwm-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-fan-twin-pack.html

Hey, don't give up in trying to get the correct fans that you probably spent good money on. You purchased the SP120's and they should have replaced them with the proper 4 pins SP model, not the 4 pin stock fans. I would dispute this if I was you.

I just purchased myself the SP120's Performance models w/4pins at Amazon. They were $26.00 shipped.

Don't give-up! get you're correct fans!

peace

Correct, but those are the 3pin version and you need the 4pin PWM version. I would also dispute that as well. You paid for the updgraded fans and recived stock ones back. I'm sure it was just an oversight , but you should get what you paid for.

This is what you should have gotten back

http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-pwm-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-fan-twin-pack.html

Thanks for the support guys!

At least someone understood. It wasn't so difficult really.

Anyway, I already accepted the fact that I've lost my two SP120 fans in exchange for the H100i stock fans.

But I didn't lost all the money I've spent guys, the stock fans are also expensive, and because they came with screws for the H100i I was able to assemble my H100i in a push pull configuration, (and forget my silent fans in exchange for performance).

Archived