Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 and Asus P5P43TD PRO compatible?

Dave76

I have tried the Corsair Configurator, this MOBO is not listed.

Searched the Corsair site and this forum and can't find any info for compatible RAM.

Am looking for 2X2GB DDR3 1600 (Dual channel), preferably XMS3 or Corsairs recommendation.

The MOBO manual has some seemingly random selection, most of them are 3X1GB or 3X2GB (X58 boards?), one 2X2GB TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV (CM3X2G1600C9DHXNV) neither comes up on the Corsair site. Closest is TW3X4G1600C9D, which says it's for an AMD Processor.

This is for a friend with a recent new build:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5HGz

Motherboard: ASUS P5P43TD PRO

Memory: Brand X(better not to mention) 2gig DDR3 PC3-8500 (2X2GB)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ XFX Black Edition 512MB GDDR3

His computer would never run with both 2GB boards installed, always blue screened.

Went through several trouble shooting methods, fixed some issues but not the 2X2GB installed blue screen.

New BIOS version, new chipset drivers, Cool & Quite utility driver installed (from mini dump bugchecks), still the same.

Will run with one board installed.

Ran Memtest with each board in each slot, one board at a time, no errors. 2 boards in any combination of slots, errors right away.

RTFM, "This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabits (Mb) chips or less."

His previous RAM says right on the label, 256MX64 chips.

Need new RAM with larger that 256Mb chips.

Can't find any info on the chip size here or on the Corsair site for any RAM.

Will the 2X2GB DDR3 1600, CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 work on this board?

Can you tell me how to find the Corsair recommended RAM for this MOBO?

How to find the chip size for Corsair RAM?

I just want to get the correct RAM for his motherboard, and prefer Corsair.

Thanks for any help, advice.

Anyone?

I've sent a message to tech support, but no reply.

Currently running the same RAM in my new computer, that's mentioned here, 4X2GB XMS3 1600 (CMX4GX3M2A1600C8) and getting 19,424 MB/s in dual channel.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

Best I can tell, the P5P43TD PRO is still not listed in the configurator, so I'm hoping you can give me some advice on the compatibility with current models.

I'm looking for 8GB(2x4GB), and the CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 seems ideal, is it compatible?

The shop near me also have the CMX8GX3M2A1333C9, but it's actually a bit more expensive than the 1600MHz model for some reason, so I'd prefer the former if possible. Appreciate any advice :):

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but that MB is based on the Intel P43 Chipset and as the information on this chipset comes up with an error on Intel's site, I would check with them to be sure what the Chipset will support, but I would assume it will be the same spec as the P35-X38 Chipset which can only support memory made with 128M X 8 Memory IC's and we no longer manufacturer memory made with these IC's most of our production has moved to 256M x 8 or 512M X 8 Memory IC's. Sorry.

Archived