Corsair Community

CUE v2.14.67 is now Live!

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

CUE v2.14.67 has now been released to the public. Here are the patch notes as well as a direct URL for downloading.

Link: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.14.67_release.msi

Patch Notes:

• CUE now supports On-Screen Displays (OSD) as a BETA FEATURE! Please note that not all applications are supported but we've started with the most popular games and can continue to expand based on demand. This is a work in progress and we have observed that our current implementation does cause a FPS drop in certain games. We're still working on refining it by 2.16 but if you'd like to try it out, feel free to do so. It is located under General Settings.

• Resolved an issue with Retain Original Key Output and Disable Key.

• Resolved an issue with change DPI and Profile Switch on Scimitar RGB mice.

• Resolved an issue with Type Lighting (Key) duration.

• Resolved various other minor bugs and issues.

So I have updated to this latest version and still have a few problems. My K55 RGB keyboard will only let me use static colors. If I use anything but a static color it will disconnect and reconnect. But if CUE is closed and the keyboard defaults to rainbow it is fine. There have a been a few other users with the same problem. It's sort of annoying especially because it ruins customization. I have tried unplugging it and reconnecting it. I checked the cord. I tried all my USB ports. Nothing works...

For me, things just don't work well, at all. I have Windows 10 and an NVIDIA 1080TI card; everything is current as far as drivers. The install goes well, but the Corsair interface is too large for it's UI, so I can't see a lot of the information. There is no close button for the application and right mouse clicking on the taskbar icon doesn't do anything. None of my mouse buttons work, either. Clicking the advance button turns all the lights off and doesn't do anything else. I emailed support three days ago and I haven't gotten a reply and an earlier forum post has gone unanswered. I dropped $350 for the keyboard, mouse, and illuminated mouse pad, but if I don't get any help I'll be returning everything.

Whats this new OSD for? I just found that displays your current profile but is there any other functionality for it?

Yeah i just figured out you can hit enable under "active application layer" for example and it shows the actions you are running on screen. That can be pretty sweet. Might be nice to be able to hide certain actions you do a lot, but otherwise it is very cool. I would suggest for future releases a cheat sheet OSD as an additional feature, but I suspect that may be on the horizon. Currently I memorize macros with printed spreadsheets beneath my monitor and change them out every so often.

• Corsair Employee
So I have updated to this latest version and still have a few problems. My K55 RGB keyboard will only let me use static colors. If I use anything but a static color it will disconnect and reconnect. But if CUE is closed and the keyboard defaults to rainbow it is fine. There have a been a few other users with the same problem. It's sort of annoying especially because it ruins customization. I have tried unplugging it and reconnecting it. I checked the cord. I tried all my USB ports. Nothing works...

Does this occur on a second system (if possible, can you test it)? If it exhibits the same issue, PM me. I'd like the unit back.

• Corsair Employee
For me, things just don't work well, at all. I have Windows 10 and an NVIDIA 1080TI card; everything is current as far as drivers. The install goes well, but the Corsair interface is too large for it's UI, so I can't see a lot of the information. There is no close button for the application and right mouse clicking on the taskbar icon doesn't do anything. None of my mouse buttons work, either. Clicking the advance button turns all the lights off and doesn't do anything else. I emailed support three days ago and I haven't gotten a reply and an earlier forum post has gone unanswered. I dropped $350 for the keyboard, mouse, and illuminated mouse pad, but if I don't get any help I'll be returning everything.

What resolution are you at? Can you PM me a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

This will be coming in a future update. I'll have it so you can adjust 255 layers of blue.

Will the same thing be available for the Sabre RGB at some point? It's very annoying having to use it it at full (it's hell at night) or completely off...

and still i cant boot my PC so CUE would load up with Disabled WinLock button.. soon will celebrate a 2 years without this Function working... Razer Keyboards had this simple feature 5+ years ago.. checked box to disable WinLock at start up of CUE - save settings and bam. but no.. seems like Corsair cue Devs need 2-3 years to make such simple function to work.

and still i cant boot my PC so CUE would load up with Disabled WinLock button.. soon will celebrate a 2 years without this Function working... Razer Keyboards had this simple feature 5+ years ago.. checked box to disable WinLock at start up of CUE - save settings and bam. but no.. seems like Corsair cue Devs need 2-3 years to make such simple function to work.

CUE does support booting youor PC so that the WinLock button is disabled.

Assign the "disabled" state to the left and right windows buttons in your default profile, and assign an action to pressing WinLock to move to a second profile which would have these keys enabled and in that profile, define winlock to switch to the first profile.

This also allows you to define special lighting for these states; I color the Windows keys red when they are disabled.

I have the following - Sabre RGB, Void wired headset and K65 Lux RGB keyboard. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled CUE 2.14.67 and it still doesn't detect any of these. I've also pulled and reinserted the USB (2) connections for these devices more than a few times.

Prior to installing CUE, I had just done a fresh install of Win 7 Pro and it's fully updated. According to the Windows Device Manager, the headset has the Corsair driver but the other two are using MS drivers and both each show 4 HID compliant devices in DM.

Can anyone suggest a means of getting this working?

Can anyone suggest a means of getting this working?

Does the keyboard have that switch in the back for the polling rate? Try moving that around?

Definitely try toggling OFF support legacy hardware on bios for USB, that fixed some issues for me in the past.

I would try if the above doesn't work, delete the software, reboot, uninstall the devices in device manager and then reboot. Try installing them one at a time in a new profile? Maybe something got jammed up.

Having done absolutely nothing at all, the 'problem' has mysteriously resolved itself as of this morning. In technical terms, I guess I wasn't holding my mouth correctly . . I dunno. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

So, new day and I've just started my computer. Guess what? CUE isn't seeing my devices again. I just checked msconfig and it's one of the startup programs.

I called Corsair tech support about some other aspects of this new version and during the course of the call, the technician was kind enough to direct me to a link for the previous version of CUE. I never had this happen with that version and may revert to it if this continues.

I love computers

• Corsair Employee
So, new day and I've just started my computer. Guess what? CUE isn't seeing my devices again. I just checked msconfig and it's one of the startup programs.

I called Corsair tech support about some other aspects of this new version and during the course of the call, the technician was kind enough to direct me to a link for the previous version of CUE. I never had this happen with that version and may revert to it if this continues.

I love computers

What version of CUE made your devices appear?

What version of CUE made your devices appear?

James I am not the op, but I do have one system (of two) with the same CUE Version where the startup for Cue has mysteriously disappeared even with the checkbox checked in the software (same results after checking and un-checking and rebooting). I realize there are many places/means by which startup can happen, but one pc has CUE shown in the list, the other does not. It happened suddenly.

This could be a permissions/uac issue? Screen-caps linked below from both pcs with relevant stuff shown, both are win 10 x64 pro on a domain with the same user account. We have had some AD issues causing odd behavior on the domain but with no other applications affected, I suspect that is not the source. It does not really matter because I can just add the shortcut to CUE to shell:startup for now or make a service for it, but you should take a look at this?

Screencaps:

Machine screen 1

Machine screen 2

It's version 2.14.67

I turned the computer on this morning and there were no devices found. I left it for about 55 minutes and when I returned and woke it from sleep mode, there they were along with my color schemes. I saw a similar effect the other day when I was having problems. I had to go out so I put the computer into sleep mode. When I returned a couple of hours later, there were the devices and the color scheme.

I've been in touch with Corsair Tech Support and there's an open ticket number on this. I've updated them this morning with the same information as above.

I love computers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with a slight variation, I'm using 2 monitors one of which is 3840 x 2160. The problem as far as I can see is that CUE has issues with Windows scaling, it's been like that ever since they released CUE v2. The only solution is to disable scaling which will make your 4K screen utterly useless as you can't read anything, or switch back to the frankly superior CUE v1.

Archived