Corsair Community

Fans, Corsair Link, and Case Management Questions...

ahaas5

This will be my first desktop pc build. I've done a lot of research the last half year and the components listed in my profile are what I've decided to go with...

The pc will be overclocked obviously. My overall goal is to have a quiet system where the fans control themselves based on temperature. I have a couple questions about how these fans/coolers all tie together... Fans - 3x Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition fans for case, 2x Corsair SP 120's for H100i

- I want to replace the stock H100i fans with Corsair's SP 120's so it's quieter. I've heard that replacing the stock fans, even with Corsairs can be a problem? Like if they are not PWM fans, they won't adjust RPM? Is this true?

- I want to have all 5 fans in the case (3x case AF 140 fans and 2x SP 120 fans on the H100i) run automatically and change RPM based on temperatures in the components/case. What's the best way to do this? Buy the separate Corsair Link hardware or will the H100i and/or the AX 860i handle that on its own with the included parts?

Sorry for all the questions, especially if it's an easy answer. But the more research I've google'd on it, the more confused I've gotten...

Thanks in advance for the help,

Adam

your best bet is to get the h100i with stock fans,you can turn them down when temps are nominal and their dead quiet

the sp performance high static pwm fans are also a good choice

i have nearly a dozen of these in each build and all are very quiet...

I've heard that the H100i stock fans can vibrate though? That's why I wanted to replace with Corsair SP 120's with the rubber mount.

And then where would I plug my other 3x Corsair AF 140's to? The motherboard, the H100 or the AX860(i) or corsair link handware?

I'm still confused as to what the easiest fan management based on temp is...

Thanks,

Adam

Wouldn't it be easier to just run all 5 fans through MB? The Asus Hero I assume can handle adjusting fan speeds based on temp?

yes but the hydro controller has better fan curve management,boards such as asus fan controlling is limited imop but i cant speak for other m/b brands...

Archived