Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB Side Buttons Not Registering

BrownieSundown

So, none of the side buttons are working. I've been browsing the forums looking at troubleshooting/alleged solutions since 1PM (4:22 at the time of my writing this post.) to no avail. Disabling lighting, setting it to a solid color, cycling through polling rates, everything doesn't work. I only want to use it for forward and back buttons, but it doesn't want to work. CUE is such a counter-intuitive software that it makes me want to return this mouse and go back to my G502.

I would like to know if there is a definitive fix for this and a source for if Corsair is actually aware of this and are working on remedying it. As far as I'm concerned, this mouse is a dud.

My logs can be found in this pastebin.

Corsair seems to pride themselves on PR on Reddit, but as far as I can see, they ignore that actual users on these forums.

First of all it's Christmas holiday and I doubt you'll see anyone from Corsair here on the forums until next year :p: They might reply to tickets with reduced staff though.

Anyway, try running again the CUE installer and choose the REPAIR option from it, this seems to have fixed it for quite a few peoples lately. The main cause is a windows update that somehow messes the files and repairing the installation fixes those.

Another solution would be to re-plug the USB cable, or also exit and restart CUE. Restarting the computer might also work.

Give those solutions above a try and let us know :):

P.S.: The LED color change failed message in your log is a (different) known issue and Corsair is already working on a fix for that.

When you buy the mouse, unlike the Logitech and Razer mice, the Scimitar side buttons come unmapped. You have to go into CUE and record each number. Otherwise they won't work. Most people that complain about this, I don't think understand the side buttons don't work right out of the box.

Archived