Corsair Community

TX950W compatible with Asus P6TD Deluxe?

samhfoley

I just ordered the TX950 sine I was planning on installing a crossfire set-up with 2 SAPPHIRE HD 5770 1G GDDR5 PCIE cards, but then I just ran across a few articles on the web that say this power supply isn't compatible with this MB. True or untrue? Please advise ASAP as I might still be able to alter my order before it's shipped. Thanks.

Sam

• 1 month later...

Do not buy this PSU if you own a P6TD Deluxe. You will - 99% sure - get incompatibility causing your computer not to work correctly at all.

And you will look pretty idiot as I am currently for a month now, with a great computer I can't use because I have to change this stupid TX950W.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i just bought a new PSU TX-950w for my new PC and my MoBo is the P6TD Deluxe... Guess what?? it didn´t work for me too. I would like to know if the problem is in the MoBo or in the PSU, for me to decide if i go for a new MoBo or PSU.

What you guys think of that?

Thanks anyway!

Hey i just bought a new PSU TX-950w for my new PC and my MoBo is the P6TD Deluxe... Guess what?? it didn´t work for me too. I would like to know if the problem is in the MoBo or in the PSU, for me to decide if i go for a new MoBo or PSU.

What you guys think of that?

Thanks anyway!

The problem is the Corsair TX950W PSU mate.. I had to go buy another PSU to stop my computer from freezing and re-booting without any notice.. I also have a ASUS motherboard, eventhough its different to yours. The Corsair TX950W PSU have problems with alot of ASUS motherboards it seems. You're not alone!

If you send it to RMA, make sure you do not just get another TX950W back, since it will not solve your problem. You need to ask for a 850W or 1000W replacement for it to solve the problem with your ASUS motherboard.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair & Asus have awknowledged this as an known fault and has been rectified with Corsairs new models of the TX950.

I would steer against buying a TX950 for now as you will not know which version of PSU you are purchasing from the reseller.

Luckily for me Corsair have kindly provided me with an RMA so I expect the new model.

I expect this to arrive soon.... Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for the reply everyone, and like you advised me, I replaced my TX950 for a new HX1000 for just a few $30, and now it works perfectly! I recommend all of you not to buy TX950.. and for those who have already bough it, just replace it for another one.. or you´ll find trouble.

Good luck all!

• Corsair Employee

This was posted in another thread and is about this topic.

Originally Posted by RAM GUY

The information is there just not all in one thread.

However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.

• 5 months later...

Hi Ram Guy,

I was baffle for a month while trying to figure out why my computer keep freezing ramdomly. At first I though that my computer was inffected by some virus or malware, fairly enough after all the check possible, nothing was found. I updated all my drivers, but same scenario. I tempered with the RAM settings as suggested in the Corsair site (I have the TR3X6G1600C8), unfortunately that only made the computer stable for less than an hour. Furstrated I reinstalled window7 64bits and it was a waste of time as the problem was still present. Then I started to determine all the possible cause by elimination process and removing/swapping the memory, HDD, USB devices, optical devices! Nothing seem to have resolved the issue. Until last night where I came upong this tread; i would have never suspected the PSU to be the problem. I got this PSU maybe 3 months ago because I am in the process of configuring an SLI/CrossFire configuration. I wish to have a replacement PSU, either a 850HX or 1000HX.

What was the problem? I mean what exactly was the interplay between these items that meant that they would not work together - they are both meant to adhere to design specs. to prevent this from happening so why don't Corsair explain exactly what they changed in their design so their PSU is now behaving correctly.

What was the problem? I mean what exactly was the interplay between these items that meant that they would not work together - they are both meant to adhere to design specs. to prevent this from happening so why don't Corsair explain exactly what they changed in their design so their PSU is now behaving correctly.
They already did:

However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.

It's irrelevant as it wasn't just Corsair PSUs. Other PSU companies had the same issue with certain Asus motherboards. The problem was ultimately resolved on Asus' end but Corsair made changes on their end as well in case someone has an older Asus motherboard. That's why you can RMA the PSU or the motherboard and it will solve the issue.

Archived