Corsair Community

K70 lux rgb broken keycaps

manospan

Hello. Unfortunately two keycaps have broken. The A key and the left control. I have started a ticket but i have got no response from corsair. I only have the keyboard for about six months. The keyboard quality is great but i am disappointed by how easily the keycaps break. How can someone contact them? Or is there any other alternative? Thank you

Hi corsair nick,

I'm also having many (>30++) keycap stems having cracks forming under the keys. My local distributor is kind enough to replace my keyboard outside warranty out of goodwill. I dont want to end up with another replacement K70 LUX that has the keycaps breaking again due to something outside my control.

Could you guys look deeper into this broken keycaps issue because-

1. i've only had my K70 LUX RGB keyboard since dec 2016. i got the K70 LUX as a RMA replacement for the classic K70 RGB with tramp stamp logo.
  2. multiple users have reported about their keycaps breaking within warranty
  3. this issue is not really obvious/apparent to most users at first glance, as you need to either remove your keycaps to check for cracks (which i suppose majority of users dont), or encounter broken caps (at which point its too late)
  4. i have a feeling this might be a manufacturing defect? as its even happening to my keys which are not used often like numpad keys and printscr/scroll/pause key

i can upload pictures but they're at home on my camera.

they're similar issue posted as per 2 threads:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167224

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165735

please consider doing a review for this, thank you

Hello,

I have the same problem, I had a broken keycaps and then I opened others and I noticed they are starting to split. I opened a trinket and at the moment I have not yet got a replacement answer.

• Corsair Employee
What we can do is send out replacement keycaps to you. If you haven't already, submit a ticket through the support site, and one of our technical support reps can send replacements to you. If you already have, and still waiting for a response, PM me the ticket number so I can check on the status.

Hi Corsair Nick,

I appreciate your gesture about sending out replacement keycaps, but it doesn't solve the root issue of the problem. If my keycaps start flaking out after the 2 year warranty period is over, will they still be covered? Actually my question is, why are they starting to crack so soon in the first place?

How about those users who are not in north america like i am, who are having their local distributors handling RMA, will they have the same policy to send out replacement keycaps?

Besides the point, the longevity of the keycaps is my key question here. I am already exploring purchasing 3rd party keycaps that fit the K70 as my kb warranty has already expired and i dont think my distributor would entertain an out of warranty exchange.

Hi Corsair Nick,

I appreciate your gesture about sending out replacement keycaps, but it doesn't solve the root issue of the problem. If my keycaps start flaking out after the 2 year warranty period is over, will they still be covered? Actually my question is, why are they starting to crack so soon in the first place?

How about those users who are not in north america like i am, who are having their local distributors handling RMA, will they have the same policy to send out replacement keycaps?

Besides the point, the longevity of the keycaps is my key question here. I am already exploring purchasing 3rd party keycaps that fit the K70 as my kb warranty has already expired and i dont think my distributor would entertain an out of warranty exchange.

These cases are usually handled case by case. It could have been shipping damage or even your climate. However, if you are going to purchase replacement keycaps from a 3rd party vendor make sure you check the layout of the bottom row as Corsair does not use a standard format.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I had been using the Strafe RGB for some time and then decided to buy the LUX RGB. I played for a lot of time with the strafe, no problems, love the brown Cherry MX it came with, but the K70 LUX looked sexy. Anyways, after less than a month playing FPS games, the A and S are broken on the LUX. I love the looks of the keyboard, but having such a bad key quality is a real pain. I switched the ] key to the A and PageDown key to the S, but after the ] breaking, I decided to use my Strafe FPS set instead, since it is better quality anyways. I would like to know how to get replacement keys from Corsair. I posted the issue in Corsair's Facebook account in order to get info on what to do, but they keep on ignoring my questions.

Hello. Unfortunately two keycaps have broken. The A key and the left control. I have started a ticket but i have got no response from corsair. I only have the keyboard for about six months. The keyboard quality is great but i am disappointed by how easily the keycaps break. How can someone contact them? Or is there any other alternative? Thank you

Archived