Corsair Community

K70 RGB no CAPS lock indicator

bvm1228

• 3 weeks later...
I am having a similar problem with my replacement K70 after my new one malfunctioned, the light to the right of the winlock button is constantly lit up (the light labelled 1) and pressing Caps Lock, Num Lock or Scroll Lock appear to light up nothing at all so I can never tell if I have any of them activated.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me on occasions (in conjunction with any flashy lights ceasing to work too, hence I just run with solid on-board lights until Corsair fix this problem).

A simple fix (hopefully it will work for you too!) is to set the keyboard to BIOS with the switch next to the cord, wait a few seconds, then switch back to 1. You may have to wait up to 10 or 15 seconds after that for the keyboard to start working again, but hopefully this (temporary) fix works for you :D (And hopefully Corsair fix these issues... <3)

Try the keyboard on a different computer with a different OS. Do the indicator L.E.D.s light up?

Do they still work even if the indicator is not lit? e.g. When you press numlock, are the numpad keys numbers instead of the arrow keys?

Move the BIOS switch to BIOS mode, does the scroll lock indicator start flashing?

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same thing exactly on a K60. I have refreshed the firmware and tried on a Win 7 laptop and a Mac, still the same result, number lock on permanently, (which isn't a problem.) Caps lock functions but the light doesn't show. I don't know what the third light on the right does either. Everything else is fine, at least the volume control is cool, I haven't tried the media keys

A lot of problems are related to the USB ports that you plug into. You should try moving them around. If you have USB 3 ports you can try that (also only needs one port that way) or if you have a PCI card with extra USB ports you can move it to that.

I had the freezing glitch and some problems with steam and when I moved the cable to the PCI card USB slots the problems went away.

Regardless Corsair is aware of the problem and working on fixing it. It seems related to ASMedia ports and not Intel ports.

• 3 weeks later...
Win 10 at 9879 had the 'no caps lock light' problem. It got fixed in 9926. I'm looking here to see why the 3rd light (one with down arrow label) is blinking all the time. I'm not sure if it's a Win 10 issue, since this is the first kbd I've had with that icon/function. Usually 3rd light is scroll lock. Does Corsair use a down arrow icon for scroll lock, or does that light indicate a different function?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived