Corsair Community

OCP on AX1200i - does Corsair link need to be running?

BorisTheSpider

Following on from my previous thread, I just want to understand how OCP/Multi-rail works on the AX1200i.

If I set up a profile and save it with OCP/Multi-rail set, does this profile get loaded into the PSU itself, so that OCP is then active eg. outside of Windows, say I was booted into Linux, or at the BIOS, are the trip points I've set active?

If not, what is the requirement for OCP to be active - is it that the Sierra2 service is running?

If Corsair link needs to be running, then I would like to know how to get it started automatically when Windows boots, minimised to the system tray.

Thanks.

If I set up a profile and save it with OCP/Multi-rail set, does this profile get loaded into the PSU itself, so that OCP is then active eg. outside of Windows, say I was booted into Linux, or at the BIOS, are the trip points I've set active?

There is no Linux support with Corsair link. I could be wrong, but i believe the OCP profile gets saved and loaded into windows.

If not, what is the requirement for OCP to be active - is it that the Sierra2 service is running?

Yes

I

f Corsair link needs to be running, then I would like to know how to get it started automatically when Windows boots, minimised to the system tray.

Drag your shortcut into the start up folder.

There is no Linux support with Corsair link. I could be wrong, but i believe the OCP profile gets saved and loaded into windows.

Yes

I

Drag your shortcut into the start up folder.

Thanks for the reply.

If I drag the shortcut into the startup folder, I can only start it minimised to the taskbar (by changing the properties of the shortcut). I can't see any way to get it started into the system tray.

In any case, if all that needs to be running is Sierra2 service, then I don't need to start Corsair link at all (I'd prefer not to start it with windows if it's not necessary to get OCP active, I can always just open it manually if I want to inspect the monitoring outputs).

• Corsair Employee

If you start the system with another O.S. other than Window's the PSU will default to its profile as defined by the factory defaults.

And the next version of Corsair Link should correct the Start up issue.

If you start the system with another O.S. other than Window's the PSU will default to its profile as defined by the factory defaults.

And the next version of Corsair Link should correct the Start up issue.

Ok, cool, thanks for the update.

For now, are you aware if the profile will be loaded correctly if only the sierra2 service is started at boot, but the Corsair link front-end program is not started?

Archived