Corsair Community

CMD16GX3M4A2400C9 cannot run @ 2400mhz

dtiao7eb

Hello,

I have tried 3 different motherboards and nothing can load these set of ram @ 2400mhz. Then I thought, maybe I got a bad set. So I purchased another set of these. and still it cannot load on any of my motherboards. it will only run @ 2133 stable. Please help. I now have 8 sticks of these dominator platinum, but they will not run @ 2400mhz. :(:

• Corsair Employee

First you are mixing memory kits together, which is something we don't recommend as we can only guarantee the performance of the memory as a single kit.

Second, 2400mhz is a very high speed for DRAM and it isn't the motherboard preventing you from hitting those speeds, its the memory controller in your CPU. By using 8 sticks, you're making it even more difficult for the memory controller from the heavy load of filling out your DIMMs and possibly running at a speed outside what your CPU can tolerate.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS and then use the memory as a single kit to see if you can actually load them at 2400. If it still is not stable with XMP enabled, then you would need to reduce them one speed level to 2133 and see if you're stable with that. Or your next best option is that if you want to use 32GB, return both sets of memory and get CMD32GX3M4A1866C10 (32GB 4x8GB @ 1866mhz).

My suggestion would be to get the dominator platinum 4×4gb 16gb at 2133c9 I tryed the 2400 16gb 4×4 and I had no luck running it with i7 3960x its just to much on imc. Try the cmd16gx3m4a2133c9 at 1.5v I think you will love the look of the memory plus why stress the $%:# out of your setup for speed you won't eaven notice :-). Just a thought....I'm hoping the ivy bridge-e will let us run this 2400 and beyond memory!!!!!!!!

Hey Ramguy,

I bought two sets, but i am only using one. I bought the 2nd one to see if my first set was the problem. I am only using 16gb. it is still unable to boot @ 2400mhz. I have the latest bios. XMP settings are enabled and i manually checked everything. Any suggestions? I dunno if newegg will let me return them. I'll try anyways. I know that 2400mhz isn't going to be a huge jump, but when both the memory and motherboard says it can handle 2400mhz, i'm just confused why its not working. shame. i'll check out the 2133c9s.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived