Corsair Community

Questions about the Corsair 800D

vvilliamm

Im planning to build a new comp and ive been looking at the 800d... now i have several questions

Background build info:

Corsair 800d

i7 2600k

Hx1000

Gigabyte z77 ud5h or asus maximus v gene or.. formula v when it comes out soon i hope

3 hdd for raid 0, 1 ssd, 1 storage hdd

old gfx

Model # question CC800DW

I noticed that some cases dont have the usb 3.0 or sata iii 6.0 plates or front panels..and they have to buy it seperately on the corsair site is that only for the first editions? In neweggs website the model # is listed as CC800DW < does that mean it has the newer usb 3.0 front panel and also the newer sata III 6.0 back plates? It would be a pain to obtain those through corsair =/ it would make the case well over 300 dollars in cost.

Extra Fans Question

Seems like i could install 3x 120 mm fan top, 1 extra 120mm fan intake bottom of case and 1 extra 120 mm in the 2nd hdd spot below the middle 140 mm fan. Am i right? or is there more?

Corsair h100+4 ultra kaze

Wondering if its possible to install the h100 with 4 ultra kazes for a push/pull just for lawls

Corsair usb 3.0 front panel headers

Now i know most models now in 2012 has the usb 3.0 front panels already and that should mean you have the sata III with 6.0 speeds.. the usb 3.0 front panels on the forums it says it comes in a usb form that you have to plug from the insdie to the other back fo the mobo... now im wndering if these will work ?

http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-USB3-0-Adapter-Cable/dp/B005NGGKPU/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_b

http://www.amazon.com/2-Port-USB-3-0-Female-Adapter/dp/B005AJX9MW

and has anyone used any of these whats your review? Thanks

I hope corsair doesnt announce that 850D after i just bought the 800d for the same price i will :[pouts:

Thanks !

Most of the 800D stock should now be shipped with the USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s backplane.

Fan mounts

3x120mm on the top

1x140mm or 120mm at the back

1x140mm for the hot-swap bays

1x140mm for intake from the PSU bay

1x120mm for the bottom HD cages

No mounts

1x120mm or 140mm for the bottom (under the other 140mm fan for the motherboard area) next to the PSU. This depends on the amount of space you have left and if you can fit a 120mm or 140mm fan there.

The USB 3.0 adapters should work fine but i don't have a USB 3.0 compatible board so i'm not sure.

• Corsair Employee
In neweggs website the model # is listed as CC800DW < does that mean it has the newer usb 3.0 front panel and also the newer sata III 6.0 back plates? It would be a pain to obtain those through corsair =/ it would make the case well over 300 dollars in cost.

If you dont get the USB3 or SATA3, let us know and we can always send you the updated ones.

I'm also planning on doing a build with the 800D and am just a little confused about how the front I/O usb 3.0 ports on the 800D are terminated so I would just like to double check on some things.

Are they terminated with the 20-pin header allowing mid-board connection or are they terminated with USB connectors so they have to be connected on the rear panel of the mobo?

If the latter is true does the case come with an adapter from USB to 20-pin header or would we need to purchase an adapter from elsewhere as vvilliamm suggested?

Thanks

Archived