Corsair Community

I'm having problems with my H100

HighRollers

Hey I have a question about this Push/Pull Config. I am so damn confused. ::pirate::

So I have 2 120mm Corsair SP Fans outside the case pulling air out

I have my Radiator set inside on top of my case.

So should the 2 Stock 120mm fan underneath the Radiator be pulling air in or out?

Currently I have no Fans underneath the radiator b/c it doesn't fit b/c it hits my RAM stick on my motherboard. I have a Corsair 600T.

I have an i7 3770k and my idle temp for my CPU is 40-44c - Which is not normal. And it's set on Profile 3 aka Performance. :evil:

I'm not sure if the pump is broken or not. I purchased this 2 1/2 weeks ago at Micro Center. I am really disappointed with the H100 Performance, but I maybe doing something wrong here, so that's why I'm posting. I'm a huge Corsair fan and I need some support from you guys.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/TeamHnH/PC4.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/TeamHnH/PC3.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/TeamHnH/PC2.jpg

fan in rear of case try exhaust, fan in front of case intake and the 2 fans on top the rad have sucking into case towards rad.. you also have room for another fan on the rad above the cpu which can suck into case as well. the PSU will help vent out the positive pressure in the case. 3 fans on the rad is fine, water circulates through the whole rad so dont worry about a "hot spot" on the single fan area on the rad..

also watercooling in general does not brag about great idle temps. when the system is under full load is when they shine.

what is the room temp? that will have more effect on idle temp.

fan in rear of case try exhaust, fan in front of case intake and the 2 fans on top the rad have sucking into case towards rad.. you also have room for another fan on the rad above the cpu which can suck into case as well. the PSU will help vent out the positive pressure in the case. 3 fans on the rad is fine, water circulates through the whole rad so dont worry about a "hot spot" on the single fan area on the rad..

also watercooling in general does not brag about great idle temps. when the system is under full load is when they shine.

what is the room temp? that will have more effect on idle temp.

-The Rear 120mm Fan is on exhaust

-Front 200mm Fan is on Intake

So I'll adjust the two 120mm fans sucking towards the radiator. And add a stock 120mm fan as well on the bottom of the rad.

Well my idle temp is above 40c which is not normal. Under Full load it goes from 84c-88c which I tried on Prime95,

My Room temp is around 74c.

Once you change the fans so the Air flow is out side to inside the case with fresh air going through the Radiator I would expect those temps to drop.

I just switched my top 2 120mm fan so it's pushing air in the radi. I can't add a fan below the rad unless I mod it somehow.

My Idle temp dropped to 38c - 42c

My full load temp is 84-87c

I did see a drop but this is not the range I want to get in with the H100.

keep in mind the grill under the fans is restricting air a bunch, if you cared to mod the grill and make some bigger holes you will cool the rad much more efficiently.

I'm a beginner and a noob, so I'm man enough to say that I'm actually scared to attempt that. :bigeyes:

keep in mind the grill under the fans is restricting air a bunch, if you cared to mod the grill and make some bigger holes you will cool the rad much more efficiently.

i agree,i always cut mine and run ''beauty strips'' around the cut out for neatness

much better air flow and easier to see when fans need cleaning.

Ivy Bridge CPUs run very warm, and have the highest idle temperature of any CPU I have used. I'm lucky to get my i5-3570K to idle in the high 30's C, and that is with SpeedStep and C-states enabled, so the CPU runs at 1.6GHz under low demand.

You did not mention if your CPU is OC'd at all, or if you use any of the CPU power saving options. What frequency does your CPU run at when idle?

Using H60's as the CPU cooler, my i7-930 (130W TDP) idles at a lower temperature than my i5-3570K (77W TDP), both with SpeedStep and C-states enabled, both running at 1.6GHz. The temp readings are from the same third party hardware monitoring program.

My i5-3570K runs hotter under load than any CPU I've used. My i7-2600K with an OC of 4.6GHz will be a bit below 70C when stress testing for ten minutes. The i5-3570K at 4.2GHz will hit 80C in 20 seconds when running a stress test. Again, same cooler on each CPU, and the case mounting is virtually identical, all running intake into the radiator from the top-rear fan vent.

You said your idle temp of 40C is not normal. What brings you to that conclusion? Past experience? Or something else?

I was surprised to see the Ivy Bridge CPU temps, but I've come to accept them as normal. They also have a construction detail that is different than any Intel CPU made in the last five years or more. You should have seen my temps when I used a plain air-cooled CPU cooler, much worse. Of course, all my PC temps are up due to the hot summer we are having, even with AC if the outside temp is 95F - 100F as it has been recently, your room temp is likely to be 80F anyway.

you can get the fans to sit internally on the 600t

my fans hit the ram sticks aswell,

what i did was, move the radiator away from the ram sticks, and try and line up the holes on the mesh, then use the short little screws supplied with the 600t case to fit them up

so basically, i'm running 2 fans on top (where your ones are now, and also closing the lid :] )

and 2 on the bottom (standard one)

if you want pictures, just PM me and i'll post some up

kenny

Archived