Corsair Community

Corsair H110i pump noise

Biics

I had this AIO for a few weeks and the noise from the pump just keeps bothering me.

I already replaced the fans on it because the stock ones were not what I would call quality (They rattled, vibrated)

It is set on quiet mode yet its very audible and when my pc is idle its the only part of my computer that makes sound.

[ame]

[/ame]

The video didn't catch it but it also makes a high frequency noise.

And yes, I tried stopping the fans and the noise stayed.

Also it sometimes makes a rattling sound.

So is this a broken unit or its just this loud?

That is pretty standard pump noise and normal based on that sound clip. Accurately capturing "loudness" is very difficult with normal recording tools, so all we can do is go with your impressions on the total volume. It appears to be smooth and even. Rough or changing in pitch is more concerning.

What were you using for CPU cooling before this? Some people changing from air to water cooling have some adjustment issues. At the desktop level with all fans at the minimum, a water cooler will generally be more noticeable. You can't make a pump sound natural like the airflow from a fan most of us are very used to. I have two AIO units in my system and as a result my preference is to run the fans a little bit faster to cover that sound with their more pleasing tone.

The high pitch element is a little more concerning. I do know what you're describing, although I can't hear it in the video. If that is audible from your seated position with the case closed up, I would contact Tech Support through the link at the top of the page or return in to the purchase vendor if you are still in that window. There is no reason to have a prolonged negative experience.

Turns out the high frequency noise is coming from the psu so that is getting replaced.

As far as the general noise goes I can even hear it with headphones on from the other side of the room. This is a bit annoying when I am working at my desk with the pc being 1,5 meters away.

Do you have similar experiences with pump noise?

You can hear the pump from across the room with headphones?

Or total system noise, including the fans? Most people use too much fan speed and the fans are certainly loud in the upper range. However, you really shouldn’t be able to hear the pump over the fans and not from several feet away.

Nope it is just the pump I'm hearing across the room with headphones on. All the other fans are configured to be not audible at idle.

Although its not so loud anymore when I'm that far from it but that is to be expected.

Just for reference I come from an old Corsair H60, I know its lower performance than the H110i but I didn't hear that thing at idle at all.

Hmm.. that is something to consider then. A H60 with its rather high speed pump is generally easier to identify than a lower speed model with more surface area, like any 280mm cooler. If you are sure it is the pump, you may want to consider any return options available or contact Corsair through the ticket system. There is no reason to suffer through this long term if it is not behaving as expected.

Does the noise drop when you put it into Quiet mode (pump ~2300 rpm)? If you are already in Quiet mode, select performance (~3000 rpm). Does the tone change at all?

I've been using it in quiet mode pretty much the whole time. It says that the pump is running at 2370 rpm which is normal for this cooler if I'm not wrong.

When I switch it to performance mode it becomes slightly louder overall and it produces a higher pitched noise.

I can return it to amazon until January 31, however I'm pretty sure the shipping cost will be quite hefty since I'm living in Hungary and I ordered from the German Amazon but I think I will have to go through with it.

Anyways thanks for your help if you have any advice I'm glad to hear it.

Archived