Corsair Community

CUE v2.10.71 not working with K70 RGB

Hello, just today i bought a k70 rgb rapidfire.

I connected it on a usb 3.0

it lit up red with white

i installed cue v2.10.71 downloaded from the site

the keyboard started cycling through the colors

When i tried to open it the colors froze and cue instantly closed.

After much uninstaling and deleting i managed an older version of CUE to run v1.16.42

i updated the firmware to version 2.05

reinstalled the latest version of CUE

crashed again when i tried to open it

could anyone help me please?

Thank you for your time

Yes i have the latest drivers for usb,chipset

Also i have intalled the update for windows that i read in the pined thread

And i tried using a diferent usb 3 port as well as the usb 2.0 port pluged in the correct order

still unfortunatly whichever version of cue 2 i run it immedietly crashes

This is the logs from my latest attempt to find a stablle version of cue 2

i dont see any error under applications

2017-03-05T01:19:51 I cue.init: CUE version: 2.4.66

2017-03-05T01:19:51 I cue.init: Updates server: https://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/

2017-03-05T01:19:51 I cue.init: Build type: Public Release

2017-03-05T01:19:53 I cue.manifest: Tried 28 files.

2017-03-05T01:19:53 I cue.manifest: Loaded: 35 manifests.

2017-03-05T01:19:53 I cue.session: Locked changed to false

2017-03-05T01:19:53 I cue.session.win: Will notify 'connected changed to' with delay

2017-03-05T01:19:53 I cue.session: Local changed to true

2017-03-05T01:19:53 W cue.library: Lightings load failed: Could not detect cereal root node - likely due to empty or invalid input

2017-03-05T01:19:53 W cue.library: Lightings load failed: Could not detect cereal root node - likely due to empty or invalid input

2017-03-05T01:19:53 W cue.library: Actions load failed: Could not detect cereal root node - likely due to empty or invalid input

2017-03-05T01:19:53 W cue.dpi_manager: "C:\\Users\\thisuser\\AppData\\Roaming/Corsair/CUE/dpi" Could not detect cereal root node - likely due to empty or invalid input

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev: Device insertion processing complete for Scimitar.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev: Device insertion processing complete for K95 RGB.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 W cue.devbehavior: Not implemented for current device.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev: Device insertion processing complete for VOID Wireless.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev: Device insertion processing complete for MM800RGB.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.init.ui: Starting UI.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.session: Connected changed to true

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev: Requesting working state enter because session connected.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.dev.enum.hid: Entering working state.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.sdk: Entering working state, session connected.

2017-03-05T01:19:56 I cue.sdk: Starting router.

2017-03-05T01:19:58 W qrc:/qml/ui/accordion/LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItem.qml:397: TypeError: Cannot call method 'start' of null

2017-03-05T01:19:58 W qrc:/qml/ui/accordion/LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItem.qml:397: TypeError: Cannot call method 'start' of null

I have the same problem. I have the normal Corsair K70 RGB Brown keys and my keyboard doesn't show up in the V2 edition as a connected device.

What do I do? Is this i a bug? Is there anyway I can degrade to a earlier version to make it work again?

Nevermind, I figured it out, just unplugged both of the USB's out of the computer while having the software open (don't think this has anything to say) and plugged them back in. Then, got the dududup sound from windows saying a USB source has been plugged in and it then got recognized in the software :D

I don't know if you have tried that?

yeah but my problem is a litle different, i install the cue 2.x software and after a restart the keyboard begins the rainbow effect wich means the program sees it but when i try to ''bring the program in the foreground'' as it says then it immedietly crashes and the rainbow effect on the keyboard freezes

and unfortunatly it doesnt change if i replug it

I recently bought a "K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX Speed RGB"

I followed the Instructions on the manual, I downloaded "Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Software v2.10.71" but when I tried to open it the Software does not respond, no warning, it does not open... So Id downloaded a lower version of the CUE, v1.66.42 and the firmware of the keyboard is v2.05, Boot loader v0.14.. My question is the latest version of CUE doesn't work on my "K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX Speed RGB" or am I missing something

hi Dhasniper ,as you can see i had the same problem.

I also created a ticket with support about that problem but the conclusion was unfortunatly that there may be some conflict with our installation of windows and the way to fix it is a windows re-install :(

you should check your windows error log and your cue log to see if there are any listed errors.

In mine there was nothing in neither.

If you manage to find something let us know :P

Is it worth to reinstalling the Windows just to be able to use CUE v2

well, you might want to reinstall either way. If it is indeed a windows problem then that means somewhere windows lost a file or broke something.

If you are using windows 10, try repairing the OS. It should keep all of your files and just redo the windows files.

well, you might want to reinstall either way. If it is indeed a windows problem then that means somewhere windows lost a file or broke something.

If you are using windows 10, try repairing the OS. It should keep all of your files and just redo the windows files.

Thank You, I'll try that..

No luck mate still not working, I try your suggestion

so the only thing left to do is a complete reinstall of windows.

Another solution i have read in the forums might be to intall a PCIe usb 3.0 card.

For some people(mostly with asus motherboards) it seems to have worked.

I dont know but i will try it before reinstalling windows

Hello, just today i bought a k70 rgb rapidfire.

I connected it on a usb 3.0

it lit up red with white

i installed cue v2.10.71 downloaded from the site

the keyboard started cycling through the colors

When i tried to open it the colors froze and cue instantly closed.

After much uninstaling and deleting i managed an older version of CUE to run v1.16.42

i updated the firmware to version 2.05

reinstalled the latest version of CUE

crashed again when i tried to open it

could anyone help me please?

Thank you for your time

If i selected a lightning effect it would cycle for 2.5 times and stop only white lid key's remained.This happens after PC reboot.

I also had CUE2 problems. I found that my MSI graphics card was the problem.

When i disable my SDK, then keyboard would work. :D: Version 1.x was working.

I could see withh the MSI software supplied with card that my keyboard was present (Strafe RGB).I was given older version of there program.

For now it seems solved.

If i selected a lightning effect it would cycle for 2.5 times and stop only white lid key's remained.This happens after PC reboot.

I also had CUE2 problems. I found that my MSI graphics card was the problem.

When i disable my SDK, then keyboard would work. :D: Version 1.x was working.

I could see withh the MSI software supplied with card that my keyboard was present (Strafe RGB).I was given older version of there program.

For now it seems solved.

I am also using MSI GTX 1060,,, and the only app I installed from MSI is the After burner

Archived