Corsair Community

Dark Core Gaming mouse battery

I have had a Dark Core RGB gaming mouse for about 2-1/2 years, and it has been lightly used. Today I decided to start using it again, but I noticed that the battery is showing as critical all the time in Icue. It also shows up that way on the mouse, even after charging it for several hours. Apparently, the battery has gone bad. Has anybody on this forum been able to actually get a replacement battery and install it? if so, how much does the battery cost? I wish they would have made this mouse like the Logitech G700s and used a readily replaceable, and cheap, rechargeable AA!

Just a quick update on this. Last night I forced a firmware upgrade on my Dark Core, even though it was up to date, did a factory reset, then plugged it into my PC before I went to bed. The battery is now fully charged! I would still like to get my question answered, however, in case I do need to find a battery for this mouse!

• Corsair Employee

Hi mikekoz,

Glad to hear you were able to get the battery issue straightened out! We don't recommend replacing the DARK CORE's battery as disassembly may affect the mouse's functionality. If you run into any issues, I suggest getting in touch with our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, they can provide troubleshooting guidance.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you, but my mouse is out of warranty. Sending it to Corsair to get the battery replaced would not be economical, as it would probably cost more than the mouse is worth.

No worries - if any other issue arises we can help you troubleshoot even if you're outside of warranty.

• 6 months later...

Hello!

I have a problem with my mouse (Corsair Dark Core RGB SE)

a week keeps weakening!

One charge lasts an hour!

I reset the mouse as described in the forum!

I updated and reinstalled Icoe!

the problem is still there!

My question would be will this be fixed under warranty? :sigh!:

• 1 year later...

Hello I have an issue similar to this and i know Corsair recommends not to change the battery but is not logical to throw a perfectly useful device only because the battery is failing, so my request here is if someone knows the specs of the battery i need to get to replace it, i have corsair dark core rgb se model RGP0051, i only need to know if i can use any 3.7v lithium battery that fits (3 pins) or if i need a specific one, i dont know what is the puorpose of the 3rd pin. (I take full responsabilitie of replacing the battery myself on my device no need to worry about it)