Corsair Community

Ax860i Platinum Start-up self-test way to long.

Kevni

Hello, I've recently bought myself one of these awesome new power supplies of Corsair. I have always had a very pleasant experience with Corsair products. Though, this matter is very annoying. I have also read a couple of times this is normal for these PSU's. Yet, a friend of mine owns the 1200i and it only"tests" itself for about.. two to three seconds. While my 860i always does this for over five to eight, and sometimes even around ten seconds. Do any firmware upgrades fix this, or will this ever be fixed? I find this very annoying and definitely something annoying. There's also a very distinctive high-pitched beeping noise whenever the system is off. And this stops after I turn the PSU off completely. I'm 100% sure this comes from the PSU. Though, this doesn't bother me as much anymore. But the very loud start-up and rise from sleep brothers me a lot.

Never heard of anyone complain about the self test taking too long before. 5-10 seconds would still be considered in the normal range though. I mean, how many times do you really need to use the self test function anyway?

But the very loud start-up and rise from sleep brothers me a lot.

This is the PSU doing a self test of the fan at start-up and wake. I don't believe a FW update will fix or adjust either of your issues.

Never heard of anyone complain about the self test taking too long before. 5-10 seconds would still be considered in the normal range though. I mean, how many times do you really need to use the self test function anyway?

This is the PSU doing a self test of the fan at start-up and wake. I don't believe a FW update will fix or adjust either of your issues.

I do understand what the PSU does and why, but does it really have to take this long? My computers starts up in about 10 to 13 seconds (Because of my SSD install) and it makes noise all the time during that. Then, when waking up from sleep mode it does it again. And I enter sleep mode regurarly. I find this very annoying. Because my old Corsair PSU did not take this long to "self- test" and the 1200 only takes about two to three seconds to do this. So why does the 860i take so long to do this?

Are you trying to run the selftest while still connected to your motherboard?

It is connected to my motherboard. And all the other components. It just takes a really long time for it to "self-test" like, you know. Go to max fan-speed then slow back down. It does that for about fifteen seconds.. while my old Corsair only did this for about two to five.

Sigh. I'm sorry if I'm not being clear, I seriously do not mean that. RAM GUY.

What I mean is, the test it does every time when starting/ waking up from sleep.

You know, going to max fan speed, then back down. That. Not anything that I'm altering myself.

• Corsair Employee
My fault, I must have mis read your last post. Anyway, that sounds normal, I series PSUs that are using the SW are going to be dependent on the SW. Any profile that you have saved under link will only take effect once the SW has complete loaded and this is why the PSU fan will take some time to settle, because the SW will take time to load the profile that you have created.

Archived