Corsair Community

How to Adjust Fan Curve - Old Skool 7700k/1080Ti

EvlKommie

I have the 2018 7700k/1080Ti Corsair One Pro model.

I'd like to adjust the fan curve to be MORE aggressive at lower temps. I'm overclocking my unit now (CPU and GPU) and would like to have the fan basically kick to high at a fairly low temperature. I have an new ML140 Pro 2000 rpm fan incoming that I'm going to mount as well.

I see there is a fan curve in the bios. I adjusted it, but it doesn't seem to affect the fan once in Windows.

Am I doing something wrong? Using Link 4.4.4.9 which I think is the latest for the machine I have.

Thanks for any input you might have.

When I first got my a100 I was having an issue with the fan not ramping up. I contacted support to inquire about the behavior and if I could set my on fan curve.

The short answer is No, you can't set custom fan profiles on the Corsair ONE

I was told I can't set custom fan profiles due to 'Warranty' issues. This is complete BS as iCUE clearly says it will override your curve if more cooling is required.

Then there my issue where iCUE was setting flat 0% fan curve and the fan was only coming on when the loops hit an emergency overheat condition when the loops hit 60c (complete with flashing red lights)

It took 2 months of back and forth emails for me to get support to understand my issue. Then they said it was a bug in iCue and they would look into it. It has been over a month since support has contacted me, 2 months since I opened the bug. They have completely ghosted me.

Luckily by uninstalling iCUE the fan defaulted to a reasonable fan curve.

The older Corsair One's didn't have user custom fan curves to ensure that the cooling was running adequately. With your overclock, the system should still register the higher temps and ramp up cooling as needed.

That is implying that the NEW corsair ONE does have a custom Fan curve. I bought a new a100 at the end of June, could you point me where I can set a fan curve?

All I have for options are 'Default', 'Extreme', or 'Custom'. Custom being a fixed %, NOT a CURVE, with a disclaimer that the system can override what I set if more cooling is required.

I was also told by support that this option doesn't exist, and then they ghosted me without ever resolving my issue of iCUE not turning on my fan.

The older Corsair One's didn't have user custom fan curves to ensure that the cooling was running adequately. With your overclock, the system should still register the higher temps and ramp up cooling as needed.

Thanks for the details. I assume what's happening is that the Link software is overriding the BIOS fan curve and, like you said, there is not user adjustable fan curve in Link.

Again, thanks for the details.