Corsair Community

lighting effects and windows lock/brightness button not working after reboot

Plasmatix

I just got my K70 RGB and spent 2hours configuring some lighting effects for it.

However to my dismay when i shut down the computer and rebooted it, none of the lighting effects in my 3 profiles work, and the brightness button along with the windows lock button stopped working.

One workaround I have discovered is to close and reopen the Corsair gaming software utility each time I boot up the PC.

Is there a better solution to this issue? I really do not want to have to do this every single time I boot up :(:

Edit: I tried switching from 1ms to bios on the keyboard and back again to see if this was a possible alternate workaround, but no it does not work. The only way is to close and reopen the Corsair software again after each boot.

Hey there, I figured out that for each lighting profile you create, you must also create an individual mode for the profile and you must use a unique name for the mode as seen in the first 3 screenshots. The fourth screenshot indicated with a yellow arrow how to set a particular mode as a default profile. The white arrows on the fourth screenshot indicate a chip icon, which shows that the profile has been (supposedly) saved to the device's memory. In theory, you should be able to plug into any computer with the keyboard and have that profile come up upon bootup. The software as I understand it is still in beta so the profiles may not be saving to the keyboard memory correctly for all I know. But I did notice that no lighting comes on until I log on to windows. I have the corsair software set to activate upon startup. You can set that under Settings/Program. I hope this helps you out. http://i.imgur.com/NFrNoMz.jpg

Hi Zurek, I appreciate the suggestions, but I have already set those options .(default profile, saved to device memory and for the Corsair sofware to load on startup)

My main isssue is that none of the lighting effects which I have customised work after every reboot :(:

I have to repeatedly reopen the Corsair software after each boot to enable the lighting effects/windows lock key/brightness key.

Is your keyboard plugged into usb 3.0 ports? If so, try using the usb 2.0 ports instead if possible. Also, have you enabled ErP support in your bios? Give those a shot and let me know if it helps.

Yup they're plugged into usb 2.0 ports, and Erp is enabled in BIOS.

Just tried it for myself, and at lease for me I have to be booted into windows for the lights to come on at all. Hopefully this is just a firmware issue. :/

I'm not sure if youre misunderstanding my problem, but I have no problems with the keyboard lights coming on once windows starts up.

Its the lighting effects (like wave/ripple/gradient) that are disabled, along with the brightness/windows lock keys after each reboot.

I have the normal static lights on my keyboard, but after each reboot I have to close and reopen the Corsair Gaming Software in the taskbar to renable the lighting effects I have programmed.

Really hope someone from Corsair can chime in and let me know if this is a hardware issue, or something to do with the software and the sequence it starts up? (I have the Corsair Gaming Software set to start on system startup under settings)

• 4 weeks later...
I just got my K70 RGB and spent 2hours configuring some lighting effects for it.

However to my dismay when i shut down the computer and rebooted it, none of the lighting effects in my 3 profiles work, and the brightness button along with the windows lock button stopped working.

One workaround I have discovered is to close and reopen the Corsair gaming software utility each time I boot up the PC.

Is there a better solution to this issue? I really do not want to have to do this every single time I boot up :(:

Edit: I tried switching from 1ms to bios on the keyboard and back again to see if this was a possible alternate workaround, but no it does not work. The only way is to close and reopen the Corsair software again after each boot.

I have recently updated my firmware and downloaded the new Corsair Utility Engine but am still facing this issue where my keyboard's lighting effects will not work after rebooting. (e.g gradient, wave.. etc) The keyboard still lights up after booting into windows, but its just a static colour on my main profile.

To get my lighting effects working, I have to manually close CUE and reopen it every time I shut down and boot up into windows again.

I have CUE set to start on boot and my keyboard model is 9000063-NA.(the first version with the regular Corsair sails logo)

I really hope someone from Corsair can chime in and let me know if there is a fix to this?

• 1 month later...

Hi Plasmatix,

I saw this thread because I had the same exact issue as you.

It was really frustrating spending that much money on a keyboard and have it not work properly. Well, I've fixed that problem! :D.

To fix it you have to:

1. Turn off "Start on system startup" in the Corsair Utility Engine settings.

2. Hit windows-key + R to open "run" then type "shell:startup" and hit enter.

3. Now place the Corsair Utility Engine program (or just a shortcut) in this folder. Voila! Now your problem is fixed :).

I really hope you can use this if you haven't already fixed it, although maybe there are others out there with the same problem that we had :).

Glad Regards,

Nawexx

Hi Plasmatix,

I saw this thread because I had the same exact issue as you.

It was really frustrating spending that much money on a keyboard and have it not work properly. Well, I've fixed that problem! :D.

To fix it you have to:

1. Turn off "Start on system startup" in the Corsair Utility Engine settings.

2. Hit windows-key + R to open "run" then type "shell:startup" and hit enter.

3. Now place the Corsair Utility Engine program (or just a shortcut) in this folder. Voila! Now your problem is fixed :).

I really hope you can use this if you haven't already fixed it, although maybe there are others out there with the same problem that we had :).

Glad Regards,

Nawexx

Hey thanks for the info. But this has not worked for me. I hope the fine folks at Corsair really fix this Ive paid too much money for this beautiful Keyboard and would love it to work right !

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify, my keyboard does light up properly, however this is just the static lights which I have saved to memory.

I understand the CUE needs to be open in order for lighting effects to apply. However even though I have set CUE to auto-start, it doesn't seem to apply the profiles upon start-up. And yes, I have one of my profiles set to the Default Profile.

The ONLY thing that gets the profile, and hence the lighting effects, to apply after a reboot is by manually:

1) Right clicking on the CUE icon and selecting a DIFFERENT profile to the one that is already "selected" by default (but obviously not applied).

2) Open up CUE and manually selecting a DIFFERENT profile to the one that is already "selected" by default (but obviously not applied).

I have latest CUE version and firmware.

Also just as an update, I can confirm that profiles are definitely being applied during start-up, since the keyboard does flash and have the default profile colors (whichever one i selected to be the default) applied.

However, the LIGHTING EFFECTS still refuse to apply on start-up until i manually select a different profile then change back.

By LIGHTING EFFECTS this includes any solid/gradient/wave/ripple/reactive-lighting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I also just purchased the K70 RGB board, after hearing great things. But I am seeing this software issue first hand, and it's very, very annoying, especially considering its premium price. I don't think I could stomach the issue well at $90, but this is double the price.

I have had the keyboard for no more than two days and this issue already shown. I close and restart the CUE but this does not always fix the issue, and static lighting remains. I unplug and replug keyboard but this also doesn't always help. It's very unreliable. Latest CUE and firmware for keyboard.

I am toying with the idea of returning the board. I was really hopeful for it, but so far, I can't share good a good technical experience...

• 1 month later...

***UPDATE***

I can happily confirm this issue, which has been bugging me since Day 1, has finally been resolved with the new CUE version.

Lighting effects upon key-presses now work on start-up without having to change profiles or restart the CUE program.

Archived