Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core setup

eudora32

Hi, I'm building a new PC with the 220T and question about how the lighting node core connection works.

I understand theres a USB and SATA power for the node core which goes into mobo and psu. And the fan RGB cable goes into the node core.

What about the other cable for the fan which usually connects to the fan headers on the mobo. Do I still need to connect those?

If so, (I have 6 fans and 2 sys fan headers for mobo) would I need a 3 to 1 splitter to attach 3 fans to sysfan1 and 3 fans to sysfan2?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm building a new PC with the 220T and question about how the lighting node core connection works.

I understand theres a USB and SATA power for the node core which goes into mobo and psu. And the fan RGB cable goes into the node core.

What about the other cable for the fan which usually connects to the fan headers on the mobo. Do I still need to connect those?

If so, (I have 6 fans and 2 sys fan headers for mobo) would I need a 3 to 1 splitter to attach 3 fans to sysfan1 and 3 fans to sysfan2?

Thanks!

Yes, that cable is for RPM management of the fan, if you don't plug it, you'll have an illuiminated but not spinning fan.

You can connect it to a mobo header (also using splitters, the only thing to care about is not to exceed the power limit of the port, but usually mobo headers don't suffer of those problems), but you'll be able to control it only via BIOS, not within iCue like for RGB management (in this case you'll need a Commander Pro).

Baio

Thanks for the information,

So for the 220T, it comes with 3 pre installed SP120 fans, and I'm buying 3 more SP120 fans.

Will I connect the rgb cables for all 6 fans into the lighting node pro, and then 3 of the rpm cables into a 3in1 splitter then into sysfan1 and the other 3 rpm cables into another 3in1 splitter and into sysfan2?

Is 3 fans into 1 fanheader too much for the mobo?