Corsair Community

Want to buy new RAM. I have ASUS A8V Deluxe with Twinx1024-3200LL

shooter99

Hi,

I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe Mainboard with two CMX512-3200LL installed (Twinx1024-3200LL).

I build the system back in 2004, so pretty old and i'm not up-to-date in this matter anymore.

Additionaly to those I want to install two 1GB sticks, so I have a total of 3GB then.

Which can be recommended that are compatible with my board and the two old sticks?

EDIT: Memory Configurator suggests TWINX2048-3200C2PT (http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=4185#other_modules)

But will these work fine with my existing modules?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

what are the chances that it will work? Very slim?

What do you suggest? (I assume the Twinx1024-3200LL are not sold anymore)

Thx.

I would suggest that you buy based on the configurator recommendation. The only way to know if you can mix modules is to install them and test.

I would suggest that you buy based on the configurator recommendation. The only way to know if you can mix modules is to install them and test.

ok, I will do that. hopefully it will work, cause I want to have 3 gig :D

I assume it will be good to set the Latency settings of all modules manually to the same value?

and also the voltage? or do they have the same voltage?

I assume it will be good to set the Latency settings of all modules manually to the same value? and also the voltage? or do they have the same voltage?

Same voltage and same timings. You are warranted up to and including 2.8v for those modules so find the greater value and set to that.

Archived