Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe And Corsair TwinX 2048-3200

Clev

Can you help me determine if I have bought the wrong Memory?

My MB is the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and having just got all the components together cannot get the system to POST. I'm currently getting the BIOS beep Code " one long beep followed by two short beeps" Which has to do with a video Adapter error. I have an EVGA 7600GT KO Graphics card and have read that there has been problems w/ this series...So I RMA'd it hoping that this would solve my problem. Though in the meantime ( currently waiting on new card) I have been reading that possibly I have gotten the wrong memory for this mobo. Will TwinX2048-3200 work or do I need the C2 memory?

Any Help will be much appreciated

That memory will work excellently with that board. I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with an Opteron 170 overclocked to 2.7 GHz prime95 stable and it has been folding on both cores for several months without flaw. I've used in that time three different 2X1gig modules in that board with great success. The only modules that I had problems with that board was the TWINX2048-4000PT 2GB Kit DDR500 XMS4000 and it also was not a good choice for the A8N-SLI premium. I believe that these modules are made with Samsung UCCC chips which the Asus A8N series seems to have a problem with. I later went with the TWINX2048 3500LL pro which I used as CAS3 and I was able to overclock the Opteron 170 to 2.8 GHz and it would boot and bench but it was not rock solid. At 2.76 it would encode a complete movie but at 2.72 GHz it would fold with both cores 24/7 and it was prime95 stable past 24 hours.

Are you sure you are fitting the memory correctly? i got one long beep then two short beeps with my new memory, i then put my old memory back in and it did the same. I realised i hadnt clipped the memory in correctly. - Adam

Yes... Actually before giving up on the Graphics Card I did try reseating the memory modules with no luck. I've been all over the forumns searching for answers when I read that possibly installing one stick and leaving the other out could help in the initial Boot of the system. Hopefully it was just the graphics card and I won't have to RMA any more of the system. I really appreciate the fast response and all the helpful advice -Clev

Archived