Corsair Community

t53186

New here, so please excuse my ignorance.

Any chance the logging interval can have the maximum interval increased to 1600 seconds. I wanted to log every half hour on a test render that takes close to 7 hours. I know how to filter a csv in excel and change intervals for my graph, but I'm kind of lazy.

• Corsair Employee
The maximum is 120 seconds, we will ask our Engineer for Corsair Link if this can be done. But it may be a few days to get you an answer for this. If we do not reply to you by Friday morning please bump the thread.

Thanks for the reply. By the way, corsair link is a fantastic product. I have used various MB vendors built in fan controls, software solutions and none come even remotely close to what link does. I have two other workstations that howl with fan noise, now that I know what link, an H80, and four quiet fans can do I will be getting a couple more from corsair. Too bad Newegg does not carry them yet. All my associates are very interested in the results so far.

Keep up the outstanding product development.

• Corsair Employee
Well for most it is no problem, like you have found but yes some have had an issue and we are trying to address these concerns. So I am not convinced it is as big of an issue as some may like to portray it.

It is probably true that these forums, like most forums, are skewed towards more complaints than complements.

That being said, it is pretty clear to all of us who read them, even though Corsair will not admit it, but this product is full of bugs and was released too early. There are chronic issues with the firmware updates and software bugs as well.

The biggest issues I see are:

1. The Link seems only to be compatible with the fans that Corsair provides with such components as the H100/H80. Most of the complaints I have read seem to be around the fact that the Link is not controlling fans as advertised. I have some other fans working but it will not control my Gentle Typhoon Ap-29 (which have a small 3 pin plug on them, not a Molex) which I have on my H100. Further testing is required to produce a fan compatibility list. This while may cut down on a few sales, will decrease the number of complaints and RMAs when a consumer cannot get the Link to work correctly with their fans.

2. There are no additional parts such as Nodes and Sensors available. This will come with time but should have been available at the same time or shortly after the Links launch.

3. The whole issue of the Link's software telling us to update the firmware for the Link and the H100/H80 and this causing it to brick the units needs to be thoroughly investigated and fixed. If we don't need to update any firmware, get rid of the pop up telling us to do so.

4. This is my biggest complaint. Corsair tech support needs to read and answer these threads every day. I do why can't they? There is no excuse for having to wait days and in some cases, weeks to get an answer to a question. Even a "we are looking into it" would be appreciated. This has gotten a bit better recently but there is allot to make up for.

If these things can be addressed the Link will turn out to be a great product.

• Corsair Employee

1. The Link seems only to be compatible with the fans that Corsair provides with such components as the H100/H80. Most of the complaints I have read seem to be around the fact that the Link is not controlling fans as advertised. I have some other fans working but it will not control my Gentle Typhoon Ap-29 (which have a small 3 pin plug on them, not a Molex) which I have on my H100. Further testing is required to produce a fan compatibility list. This while may cut down on a few sales, will decrease the number of complaints and RMAs when a consumer cannot get the Link to work correctly with their fans.

A: Noted and we are working with other fan manufacturers now!

2. There are no additional parts such as Nodes and Sensors available. This will come with time but should have been available at the same time or shortly after the Links launch.

A: It is a new product and as such when other options are available they will listed on the appropriate product page

3. The whole issue of the Link's software telling us to update the firmware for the Link and the H100/H80 and this causing it to brick the units needs to be thoroughly investigated and fixed. If we don't need to update any firmware, get rid of the pop up telling us to do so.

A: Noted and somewhat corrected on the back side, I have posted the "Corsair Link Firmware Guide" that are needed on connected devices in another thread.

4. This is my biggest complaint. Corsair tech support needs to read and answer these threads every day. I do why can't they? There is no excuse for having to wait days and in some cases, weeks to get an answer to a question. Even a "we are looking into it" would be appreciated. This has gotten a bit better recently but there is allot to make up for.

A: We do answer the forum usually within 24 hours every day however our hours are Monday Through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 Pm Pacific Time and processing user requests on the forum or in Tech support express will occur during these times. Exceptions being long weekends or Holidays. In addition we get behind after a long weekend so please allow 24-48 hours from the time you post before you bump a post.

A: Noted and somewhat corrected on the back side, I have posted the firmware versions that are needed on connected devices in another thread.

Would you please make this a "sticky" or at least link to your original list of the firmware versions?

I'm sorry to be a pest regarding logging. After reading more of the forums it appears there any other concerns that need to be addressed and are a higher priority.

I have no problems with the cooling using Corsair link.

Items controlled:

H80 using only one fan to keep my i7-3930k cool ,60c under continuous 100%load with incoming ambient at 24c(measured by the corsair link probe1.

Using 3 temp probes. 1=ambient, 2=memory, 3=heatsink for power regulator area

4 case fans = Scythe SY1225SL12LM-P 4pin PWM (very quiet)

all in a Antec P280

At idle system is nearly silent, except for sound of pump running, almost sounds like bearing noise.

Current readings:

2 top fans running at ~900rpm to keep power regulator area at 41c

2 front fans running at ~950 rpm monitoring GPU temp

H80 fan1 running at ~ 800rpm with H80 temp4 =37.8c and CPU1 temp at 38c

dimm temp at 36c

ambient temp at 23.8c

The profiles don't seem to save properly except for the default, but not really needed for me.

Still wondering, after the dust settles, if the logging interval can be increased beyond 120sec (updated firmware)

• Corsair Employee

t53186

I am sorry I do not have an answer for you at this time, I have passed your questions on to the Link Team to see if that can be done but I do not have an ETA and I cannot confirm that will ever change at this time.

• Corsair Employee

t53186

I do not mean to insinuate that it will never happen; we are looking at this and other things but as mentioned there are a few bugs we are working on at this time they have a priority. So please be patient. I do expect a new software release soon but I think that will be more to address third party fan support.

Hi,

back to the OP, how do you change the range to 120 secs? I only have 29 secs log. I think this is one of the most important tools to check the computer status, so the posibility of change the rango (5 min, 30 min ....) it should be something to improve.

TU.

I'm sorry to be a pest regarding logging. After reading more of the forums it appears there any other concerns that need to be addressed and are a higher priority.

I have no problems with the cooling using Corsair link.

Items controlled:

H80 using only one fan to keep my i7-3930k cool ,60c under continuous 100%load with incoming ambient at 24c(measured by the corsair link probe1.

Using 3 temp probes. 1=ambient, 2=memory, 3=heatsink for power regulator area

4 case fans = Scythe SY1225SL12LM-P 4pin PWM (very quiet)

all in a ######## P280

At idle system is nearly silent, except for sound of pump running, almost sounds like bearing noise.

Current readings:

2 top fans running at ~900rpm to keep power regulator area at 41c

2 front fans running at ~950 rpm monitoring GPU temp

H80 fan1 running at ~ 800rpm with H80 temp4 =37.8c and CPU1 temp at 38c

dimm temp at 36c

ambient temp at 23.8c

The profiles don't seem to save properly except for the default, but not really needed for me.

Still wondering, after the dust settles, if the logging interval can be increased beyond 120sec (updated firmware)

In GODS name how have you managed to get it working properly, please share, you will be the hero of this forum and the developers. Your the first person I have seen that can make this work, unless you use all corsair fans?

Well, I don't know what I did so special.

Built a new system

took all case fans out from the "unnamed" P280 case

Install 4 scythe fans - model number in original post

Install the H80 radiator with one of the included fans, do not need second one

Installed the three included temp probes, one ambient, one vregulator, one memory

plugged all fans and probes in link module

plugged module into link controller and usb cable to MB

loaded OS with fans screaming at me, unplugged a couple

loaded 1.25 link software

set up profile

worked like I had hoped

I wish I had the magic bullet, but I don't

Since then I have modified where the probes are, reinstalled windows several times due to other hardware problems, changed profiles, logged a bunch of torture tests, unplugged and plugged in all components a couple of times.

I honestly do not know what I did right, maybe I did it all wrong and got lucky.

Archived