Corsair Community

Force 3 240 GB slowing down rapidly

I recently purchased a 240Gb Force 3 SSD to add some extra oomph! to my system. installed it, got windows running and then proceeded to disable the windows indexing service, any defrag schedules and moved the pagefile onto my mechanical drive (to prolong this monsters lifespan)

It's currently running with 69.2Gb free and its slowing down rapidly. Games that used to load in 2-3 seconds are now taking 13-14 seconds and it seems to be getting worse on certain games (Train Simulator 2012). My friends mechanical 7200RPM SATA II can load things alot faster than my Force 3 SSD and im starting to feel a little upset at the fact its no longer performing as it was when i bought it.

Windows will still boot in roughly 15 seconds including finding the AHCI drivers etc. I've changed the AHCI registry key to enable it and it still seems a little rough around the edges.

ATTO is still benching the SSD at 3MB/s away from its stated 550/525 read/write speeds, windows still boots through like lightning. But games are able to murder this thing.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

• Corsair Employee
What you have described seems normal to me, I mean with use and booting from the drive will have an effect on its performance and loosing 10% of its performance to O.S. and Applications would be acceptable.

The thing is he's losing a lot more than just 10% if things that took 2-3 seconds now take 12-14 seconds.

Do you have a normal mechanical drive? it might be that it's trying to access something on there when the game loads up, just a guess however.

Also something like a massive number of save games can sometimes cause the loading time to drop, as well as any game that has to connect to a server, as the game won't load until the server gives it what it needs (even if you happened to have a computer from 2153)

Archived