Corsair Community

corsair bus driver

cplifj

Is this corsair bus driver and all it's virtual devices really needed to run Cue software for the devices that are actually connected and recognized by windows 10 standard ?

Because, having only one mouse and three keybords without Cue,

and with Cue installed i suddenly get 5 keybord devices (+ a 6th ghosted keybord device) and 3 mouse devices.

Since i can save a lighting layout to the keybord, then only thing i need Cue for is the void headset dolby and EQ button function. Oh yes , and the keybord graphics audio spectrum analyzer lighting.

I doubt i need all those extra devices for just that.

So what gives ? Interested to know.

K70 RGB+Void RGB USB. that's all i use from corsair, the mouse is logitech and after setting that it doesn't need any software installed either.

i have removed the virtual devices and the virtual device driver without any effects on my keybord or headset, only every reboot the devices get rediscovered and added, all for this Cue software , in which i selected to see only connected devices and sdk use off.

That virtual devices feature is purely for marketing purposes and clutters my hardware list and also uses resources that are wasted. Hey, maybe it is even the cause of so much systems going haywire , no longer knowing which of the thousend HID device to prioritize. (or running short on precious resources)

yes , sometimes windows sees extra keybord devices to adress the extra buttons for extra functions the manufacturer builds in.

I am talking about the 5 virtual devices that are not needed for anything to make my k70 rgb rapidfire or void rgb usb work.

Those are 3 keybord devices and 2 mice which are connected to corsair composite virtual input device , which is connected to corsair bus.

NONE of these virtual devices are needed to make my corsair gear work. Only the corsair bus seems needed for cue functionality.

I don't even have a corsair mouse so why are there 2 virtual mice connected, build into cue for development or marketing reasons.

I don't need those at all.

Logitech has something similar, the option to fool their program into thinking you have all their gear (virtual). But with logitech you don't really need the software and they let you turn this virtualization option off if you do use their software. Meaning there are no virtual devices in device manager. Not so with corsair's Cue, they keep all virtual devices in device manager.

All i need Cue for is voids headset buttons for EQ/Dolby setting, and the graphical audio keybord lighting maybe (nice gimmick). If the EQ/dolby button worked without Cue i wouldn't even really need Cue software for anything once my default lighting profile is saved to the keybord. This would save me some more cpu usage.

Archived