Corsair Community

M55 RGB PRO Mouse - CRP_DISABLD

fredd0

I also had the corrupt driver issue. The instructions that were sent from support did not fix it. Every time I plugged the mouse back in after copying the new driver to it, the CRP_DISABLD folder would pop up.

I replied to the support email and this was the response

There are no further troubleshooting steps, the keyboard has been damaged by the liquid. Generally is recommended to power off electrostatics at the moment of incident and to dry them or let dry for some days.

Unfortunately, our warranty does NOT cover accidental or physical wear-and-tear damage.

First - it's a mouse not a keyboard. second, how can you diagnose water damage in an email? Third, was my warranty voided over this misdiagnosis?

Here are the proper steps to get the mouse to install the new drivers:

If that (a soft reset) did not work, lets try the hard reset below.

Reinstalling the firmware of your device may correct the issue. We suggest doing this manually, and have uploaded the firmware for your device to the ticket in order to do so. Please follow the directions below:

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse.
PRESS AND HOLD THE LEFT AND RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON
and then plug it back in.
RELEASE BUTTONS AFTER TEN SECONDS
The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

Hope this helps someone else.

UPDATE *********

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE DRIVER. IT WILL BREAK AGAIN.

unfortunately the additional steps i added aren't the solution. This is some BS.

Edited by fredd0

now the binds aren't working smoothly... i have the left and right side buttons bound to strafe left and right. if i turn with the mouse and use strafe, the strafe signal is cut...

it doesn't do it all the time though. something is causing the signal to stop being sent from the mouse. it works if i press the side button again.

Edited by fredd0

update for my scenario -

when i press and hold right side-button (bound to "D") then click the left side button (bound to "A") while still holding the right side, the right side stops sending the signal until pressed again. this is occurring in any game i play. if i use the keyboard and hold "D" and tap "A" as soon as i release A, the D key is fired without having to re-press the button

i have used this mouse in this way for almost a year, something had to change in how the buttons are processed to make this as noticeable.