The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2020, 11:12 PM

POST ID # = 1060592
hklrnkoh Reputation: 10
Default iCUE how to prevent keystrokes from interrupting each other?

I recently went through an OS reset, and I've set up my iCUE settings.
I have a Corsair M65 RGB Elite mouse, where I have the sniper button remapped to the "P" key. I use this for throwing grenades and I hold the button down for a bit, but it seems that the keystroke is interrupted when i enter some other keyboard input (a problem which I didn't have before my OS reset) this translates to my character letting go of grenades when I don't intend to do so. How do I make it so that other keystrokes don't affect it?
This might be a very easy topic, but I really don't understand why this is happening as I've looked for ways to change this but had no luck.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:33 AM
Corey
llcor3ll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1060615
llcor3ll Reputation: 10

i noticed this too today too, on any key release, the original button press is released also. so annoying, im trying a reinstall, will try again, if it doesnt fix, i know the older version was working correctly
Old 09-10-2020, 04:45 AM
Corey
llcor3ll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1060616

After fresh reinstall with no profiles, the problem still exists, i will be installing previous version to attempt to see if it fixes the issue, and will let you know
Old 09-10-2020, 05:02 AM
Corey
llcor3ll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1060617
Thumbs up

Problem is fixed using the old version. upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair ICUE software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.
It is software side and there is nothing the user can do about it as far as im aware.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of ICUE (iCUESetup_3.33.246_release), you select

Actions> add > Insert New Event < Select Event (in my case, Keyboard Event)< Event Type (Keystroke)< Select key (p)< ADD EVENT? (yes)

In the old ICUE version (iCUESetup_3.32.80_release) When you want to troubleshoot your macros you click
Edit Selected Event, it shows : Event type (Keystroke) witch is correct

In the new ICUE Version ((iCUESetup_3.33.246_release)
Edit Selected Event, It shows : Delay Event , Witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...80_release.msi

Last edited by llcor3ll; 09-10-2020 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 1060964
OldSpice Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcor3ll View Post
Problem is fixed using the old version. upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair ICUE software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.
It is software side and there is nothing the user can do about it as far as im aware.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of ICUE (iCUESetup_3.33.246_release), you select

Actions> add > Insert New Event < Select Event (in my case, Keyboard Event)< Event Type (Keystroke)< Select key (p)< ADD EVENT? (yes)

In the old ICUE version (iCUESetup_3.32.80_release) When you want to troubleshoot your macros you click

Edit Selected Event, It shows : Delay Event , Witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...80_release.msi

your a good man, time to reinstall iCUESetup_3.32.80
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 PM

POST ID # = 1061006
fredd0 Reputation: 10

@llcor3ll
thank you!!! i knew i wasn't going crazy! i use the m55 and have the left and right side keys bound to strafe... this update SUUUUUCKS!!! i have been playing this way for YEARS (like since 1999...)

now to figure out how to roll back

Last edited by fredd0; 09-11-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:53 PM

POST ID # = 1061009
fredd0 Reputation: 10

Quote:
problem is fixed using the old version. Upon doing my troubleshooting i have also figured out where the problem lies in corsair icue software and have let the technical team know by creating a ticket.

When you create a new macro in the newest version of icue (icuesetup_3.33.246_release), you select

actions> add > insert new event < select event (in my case, keyboard event)< event type (keystroke)< select key (p)< add event? (yes)

in the old icue version (icuesetup_3.32.80_release) when you want to troubleshoot your macros you click
edit selected event, it shows : Event type (keystroke) witch is correct

in the new icue version ((icuesetup_3.33.246_release)
edit selected event, it shows : Delay event , witch is wrong, because you selected keyboard event, and upon troubleshooting, it reverts itself every-time.

Annoying.

Here is the old version for you http://downloads.corsair.com/files/c...80_release.msi

thank you again!!! This was ruining my gaming!
Old 09-14-2020, 08:25 PM
LaFlex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061360
LaFlex Reputation: 10

Huge thanks, and bump for visibility. This is a big problem if you hold mouse buttons for grenades/melee and use WASD, so basically everyone.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:39 PM

POST ID # = 1061921
TackleBury83 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Annoying.

Fixed my issue, can play my games again. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:48 PM

POST ID # = 1062362
Septiphobiac Reputation: 10

I've been using the sniper button on my M65 as a push-to-talk since I bought my it and this update just killed that functionality. Reverting to 3.32.80 fixed this issue. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, otherwise I'll consider just getting a new mouse.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:01 AM

POST ID # = 1062521
Skjotr Reputation: 10

thank you so much! i thought it was just me! this definitely needs to be fixed asap. i'm reinstalling the previous version, it's far too disruptive to my gaming.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Sidiuz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1062804
Sidiuz Reputation: 10

I don't know what's worse, the issue itself, or the fact that if I downgrade none of my profiles can be imported again because "tHeYrE frOm A NeWeR VeRsIoN of ICuE".
Old 09-26-2020, 03:52 PM

POST ID # = 1062899
Anzial Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidiuz View Post
I don't know what's worse, the issue itself, or the fact that if I downgrade none of my profiles can be imported again because "tHeYrE frOm A NeWeR VeRsIoN of ICuE".
definitely the latter. I wonder if there's a way to modify profile files so that the older version would accept them.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:51 AM

POST ID # = 1063849
spongeborns Reputation: 10

Quote:

Annoying.

Thanks a lot, that really saved my day!
I was going mad about not beeing able to move my character and cast spells at the same time anymore.
I hope corsair will recognize that for some of us this is really annoying and they will fix it.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:25 PM

POST ID # = 1064303
Flash0429 Reputation: 10

Ive been having the same issue the fix i found so far is toi set up hardware actions then close Icue this will allow you to use the remap with out it getting cancelled out by other keystrokes