Corsair Community

Issues with extra key presses

cilayin

So, I'm not sure what to do here. I'm kind of at a loss.

I have a K70 RGB, I love the keyboard however I keep getting a lot of extra key presses, mostly with my s key. A lot of times I'll press 1 s, and get 2.

Throughout this post, I'll highlight an extra s's in ( ).

So I'll get something like this:

"ssomewhere over the rainbow, way up high"

Now this happens(s), with any of the modes I set the keyboard to. From 1, 2, 3, 4, and BIOS(S).

I've tried different USB ports, and even a different computer (My work laptop) and still have the same results.

The problem is, it's incredibly inconsistent.

Sometimes it has(s) an incredibly bad streak and it will be almost non-stop for a few minutes, and sometimes I can go for a good 5 - 10 minutes without seeing it.

There also doesn't appear to be any pattern to it. It doesn't happen specifically after I press another key before it. I don't have anything running that might be causing this. No macros or crazy things.

The only thing I've yet to try is running the computer in safe mode and see if it will.

I'm working currently, but when I get off in about 5-6 hours, I will do that as a test.

Anyone have any ideas or things I can try to do to fix this?

Firmware: 1.33

Bootloader: 0.11

Software Version: 1.12.75

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

CPU : Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Memory : 32.00 GB RAM (31.93 GB usable)

Current resolution : 2560 × 1440, 144 Hz

Operating system : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Also I'm running on a Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero motherboard.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I've also turned off the device lighting, and had the same issue. And as far as I can tell, there's nothing stuck on the actual key itself.

My first K70 RGB had this issue and it was infuriating, I tried all of the fixes but no dice, eventually I took it back to the store I purchased it from and they replaced it.

Hopefully Henry's solution fixes it and saves you the hassle of an RMA.

Archived