Corsair Community

A happy customer's rant/rave on HS1

JasonUT

Just found the forum, I've owned my Corsair HS1 Gaming Headset since a little before Holidays and I must say I am absolutley loving this headset. I have been using them alot since I'm a full-time gamer and really I cant say enough good things so far, I havent had 1 problem since I received them and my roommate and friends are thinking of getting these when I let them hear the sound from Battlefield Bad Company 2 :cool:

Now, I am a first time buyer of a real great gaming headset I finally decided to make the jump from regular stereo cheap headphones that were on my last nerve hurting my ears (resting on ear pleather pads), I have decently sized ears so these were my #1 pick, I have a friend with these and he told me how comfortable these were and I must say, he was right. These have to be the most comfortable headset out there, and I havent even worn a whole bunch! The earpads are stellar, the foam and everything are amazing, and fit all the way around my ears, I played Bad Company 2 and after an hour or so I didnt even realize I had headphones on, it sounded like I was playing on my big screen entertainment system.

1- Earpads and comfort amazing! Fits over any ear size

2- Sturdy and well built!

3- Great surround sound overall, great positioning in games

4- Cool features available, lots of options

5- Changeable foam pads! (already picking up some lint etc)

I guess I'll stop this novel but I just had to stop by and let everyone know, I am just so pleased with my headset :cool: I havent had any problems with the MIC, Installing, Drivers or anything, no buzzing, no static or any other kind of audio feedback problem encountered.

I do have 1 little annoyance that seems to be cropping up at random times, the headset control panel doesn't want to open when i click or dbl click the taskbar icon shortcut, it just does nothing sometimes, If I had re-plugged the headset the panel resets and I can open it again, weird?

Thanks for reading my rant!

• 3 weeks later...
I just started having problems with my headset, the mic is now making a low buzz or vibrate sound, this is less noticeable if i turn off Loudness Equalization, but there is now a humming/buzz sound from mic, happens while I speak also, just started out of the blue.

Just tested on a different computer Windows Vista, installed drivers and monitored the microphone, no buzzing sound at all, works perfectly on that computer. Strange...

What could it be ? Im sitting next to a TV/my Computer is really close to my leftside of my head, mabye a codec problem? What should I try first? Could it be something to do with vibration from my rear fan at the back of my PC, i know the fan is starting to cause a real loud noise when i start the computer up, but the sounds stop after the fan has been spinning for a few mins, i also am running multiple surge protectors into 2 outlets with alot plugged in.~

• Corsair Employee

Its hard to say but I suspect it may be conflicting with another audio driver that may be installed in the system. Are you using the on-board sound or a sound card and what is the driver version installed for it?

Also have you tried to Disable that other sound device in device manager?

• 1 month later...

I'm listening to U2 - Rattle and Hum at the moment with my HS1...Awesome!

Anyway, your problem is similar to mine. The HS1 seems to have a "groud loop" on some system configurations.

For example, on my desktop there is no hum. On my notebook there is terrible mic hum while the AC adapter is connected. As soon as it's only running on batteries the hum is gone.

Now, how do we fix this?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm listening to U2 - Rattle and Hum at the moment with my HS1...Awesome!

Anyway, your problem is similar to mine. The HS1 seems to have a "groud loop" on some system configurations.

For example, on my desktop there is no hum. On my notebook there is terrible mic hum while the AC adapter is connected. As soon as it's only running on batteries the hum is gone.

Now, how do we fix this?

I only get the hum with Corsair's drivers. Do you get the hum with Corsair's drivers installed?

JasonUT would you share your software settings for Battlefield BC2 with us?

I am using 7.1, Cinema, Bass equalizer preset. What have you found works best?

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 audio settings

IMAGES

Sound presets + EQ Effect settings http://i.imgur.com/iCTRH.jpg

BFBC2 settings file http://i.imgur.com/1Qg2w.jpg

• 5.1 preset without 7.1 speaker shift
  • Studio setting
  • Modified EQ levels best for BFBC2
  • SpeakerCount 6 for 5.1 BFBC2 settings file (to make sure)

Note, I use 5.1 preset for most everything I found my settings perfect for music+gaming at the same time, the 7.1 speaker shift button seems to make things quieter or something and choose to leave it off.

I use 5.1 preset for BFBC2 just because the game only supports 5.1 sound and not 7.1, I didnt know if i could use 7.1 and it give any kind of advantage so I just kept it on 5.1 and havent looked back, I dont have to tell you the sound in the game is incredibly good :biggrin: 7.1 I find doesnt sound as good with other things like Music, I have 5.1 for everything pretty much, should I be using 7.1 for bfbc2? I'll try it see how if theres a big difference!

My EQ settings I found on a review of the product I read before purchasing from a hardware website, and they tested all the presets and modes for Music and L4D and BFBC2 sound. They found the mixer settings shown, gave great sound and a much needed boost from non-edited EQ settings in BFBC2, as a bass tweak makes everything sound better with more thump, like tanks and such. So, thats my EQ settings and you can raise or lower the bass levels (left 2) to tweak if u need I thought these sounded just right.

I made sure my sound settings in the BFBC2 folder in MyDocuments was set right, SpeakerCount being 6 meaning 5.1 sound, the highest it will go.

In-game settings: (Home Cinema OR War Tapes) I switch between both.

Think that about covers it~

I want to restate, I have no problems at all with my HS1 and Bad Company 2 sounds amazing with this, now if I can only keep the grind to lv50 up! :D:

up and down yes but i have no button for side to side.

reading line by line and scrolling side to side can be taxing unless you have a MAC mouse with the little ball ;)

but i do sincerely appreciate it Jason.

it might have fit my screen (1280x1024 on a 22" CRT) if we could opt out of the SIDEBAR Mitchell\Wired (hint)

Archived