Corsair Community

F60 not detected by BIOS

Today my 1,5 years old SSD drive F60 died without any prior errors or warnings. It is not detected by BIOS and moreover it slows down the system - when the drive is connected to the computer logging to BIOS takes ages.

My problem is that this was my boot drive (Windows XP) and with the failure of SSD drive I have lost the system :[pouts:

Any ideas whether I could do something to recover?

Drive details:

Part number CSSD-F60GB2

serial number 10486507330009990071

• Corsair Employee
No it is not common it is just that we sell a large volume of these drives and if it keeps happening that might suggest some other cause. so check all the cable and or change them and run parted magic on the drive to secure erase it and test it added as a second HDD.

No it is not common it is just that we sell a large volume if these drives and if it keeps happening that might suggest some other cause. so check all the cable and or change them and run parted magic on the drive to secure erase it and test it added as a second HDD.

Already tested, the drive isn't detected at all in BIOS. This is a refurbished one I got less than a week ago, the first one broke after 6 months, pure **** :mad: The cost just to send it to you is more than half of what the drive cost, makes it the most expensive disk I ever owned :evil:

As a customer I frankly doesn't give a %&( of the volume sold, I lose money on this...full stop.

When the problem occurs in exactly the same way for several persons, then you can't ignore facts, then you are just ignorant. Didn't need to Google much...

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry about that and I understand your frustration, but I would suggest contacting our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you and the shipping.

I am sorry about that and I understand your frustration, but I would suggest contacting our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you and the shipping.

Did last night and got the message that it would be answered within 24h, still no answer more than 24h later.

Did last night and got the message that it would be answered within 24h, still no answer more than 24h later.

Yay! And today it's an US holiday. Fudge this I'm going with another manufacturer :evil: Worst $190 spent, ever...

• Corsair Employee
Well in order to look into this I would need the case number and yes it does say 24-48 Hours but it is Business hours. And we are not open on weekends and Holidays so we were not open Saturday and Sunday so those days will not count!

• 2 weeks later...

Same here happened this monday - SSD isn't recognized by any PC

tried with USB - same result

Can't boot at all if this drive is connected - freezes on BIOS loading :(

had lot of info on it - HDD is better - from there is a chance to restore something with Ghost or by remap in Victoria

but SSD - if it crashes then no data could be restored :(

• Corsair Employee
If the drive is detect in BIOS then you can run Parted Magic and secure erase it to restore the drive to its Virgin state. But if its not detected in BIOS I would suggest we replace it under RMA, please use the link on the left.

• 2 weeks later...
i have a f90gb3-bk that is less then 6 months old and same problem. one day it just stopped being detected by the bios. when attempting to boot both the red and green lights just stay solid in the ssd i have run partted magic and it cannot connect to the ssd. time for an rma. i switched over to corsair because i had 3 ocz ssd's go on me the same way. what is this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived