Corsair Community

Scimitar Macro (Repeat While Hold, still continues after releasing button)

xeno326

Prior to this mouse, I was using a Razer Naga, never had any issues with any of its macro systems, until the buttons started to malfunction over time, due to wear and tear.

So I buy this mouse, and set it up the same, or as close to the same as my razer naga macros on the side buttons. Now in the usual games I play and used macros in, I get 90% of the time issues when I setup a "repeat while holding button macro", it still repeats the macro infinitely, even after not pressing the button down for 30-60 seconds, and will keep repeating until I press the actual button that's being used for the macro repeat, such as LMB or RMB, and then that cancels the macro immediately.

What seems to be happening is the Repeat while hold macro, does not seem to be receiving the disengage signal, when the button is actually disengaged, that has the macro setup.

Do I have a defective mouse?

Is there a fix for this?

Is this just some problem bug with Cue or Corsairs programming in general?

My macro is setup to have a delay between commands, randomly from 0-50ms.

The sweet spot for the razer naga was around 20-25ms, and I could set that constantly between or after each command, and it performed as expected, without any issues.

I have the latest version of CUE, and my firmware is up to date.

Any tips on how to get this resolved?

• Corsair Employee
Hi xeno326, it may be that the mouse is sending repeat signals as an individual input rapidly while you hold it down. But as so many inputs as sent, once you release, the system is still processing those inputs until it finishes. Try setting the repeat as a toggle (like on/off switch) to see if it helps.

• 2 years later...

Over 2 year old thread, but I'm having these exact issues. If I use "while pressed" then logically anything included in the macro should stop immediately when I stop pressing the button, but it doesn't.

For example, I want a macro that while the macro key is being held, it presses 3 once and then holds the right mouse button down while the macro key is pressed, and then repeats it every 12 seconds if it is still being held:

Press key 3

Pause execution for 10 ms

Release key 3

Pause execution for 10 ms

Right mouse button press

Pause execution for 12000 ms

Right mouse button release

*repeat if macro key is still pressed*

But when you use "while pressed," it will keep going indefinitely, not caring if the button is pressed or not. In other words, "while pressed" works like a toggle that lacks a function to toggle it off again, so it just keeps on going. The only way to abort it is if you actually press the right click on your mouse.

After this has been done, then the macro will stop working completely. If I press it again, it'll only press 3 and then completely ignore the right click.

So this macro function is completely broken, and from the looks of it, it has been for years. Not looking good here, Corsair.