Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2PT w/Incorrect SPD Info

damork

I just received my order of the TWINX2048-3200C2PT package from Newegg today and upon installation, the SPD info from Everest & CPU-Z is:

SPD Field Value

Memory Module Properties

Module Name Corsair CMX1024-3200C2

Serial Number None

Module Size 1024 MB (2 ranks, 4 banks)

Module Type Unbuffered

Memory Type DDR SDRAM

Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)

Module Width 64 bit

Module Voltage SSTL 2.5

Error Detection Method None

Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings

@ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Memory Module Features

Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported

Auto-Precharge Not Supported

Precharge All Not Supported

Write1/Read Burst Not Supported

Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported

Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported

On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported

Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported

Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported

Differential Clock Input Supported

Redundant Row Address Not Supported

Memory Module Manufacturer

Company Name Corsair Memory, Inc.

Product Information http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products.html

Why doesn't the SPD indicate 2-3-3-6 timing? Please advise.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. My motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe running the latest bios (1013), and I believe it was the last revision made. Processor is Athlon XP 2600+ Barton Core. Voltage choices are 2.6, 2.7, or 2.8 based on what comes up in the bios. Does anyone know if it is possible to make it show 2.75v or is that something you type in to show 2 decimal places?

Many of my options are still greyed out, so I'll have to read the manual a bit more I guess. Pardon me for the ignorance but I haven't made many changes to this part of the bios on this system. This ram is replacing pair of 512 meg Corsair dual channel ram that ran with default settings - just want to make sure I get the most from this ram. I'm not planning on overclocking, but want it right. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee

For that MB and CPU please install the modules in slot 2-3 and then enter the BIOS and load setup default and set these settings.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

• 2 months later...
For that MB and CPU please install the modules in slot 2-3 and then enter the BIOS and load setup default and set these settings.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Dear Mr. RAM Guy,

I have almost the same systemconstellation (please see signature below). At this time there are a pair of TwinX1024-3200XL running in my system. Full stable by BIOS Option set to "System Performance: Agressive" and Dim Voltage at 2.6 Volts.

After I had some Problems with RAM-Kit from another manufacturer (Block move Error) I have sended them back to my reseller and asked him for a Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2. I have made very good experience with the Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL.

My Question:

May the Twinx2048-3200C2 (or C2PT) run at "Agressive System Performance" or must I observe some other BIOS settings?! Wich are recommended or rather possible? Is there a difference between C2 and C2PT or is it just the Color?

I haven't buy the 2GB-Kit yet, but if you tell me it runs best and full stable I would be very pleased and buy it.

Thanks for any helpfull answers ahead :-)

• Corsair Employee
Yes Twinx2048-3200C2 is the best and only choice right now just replace what you have now and the Voltage should be 2.75 Volts and just remember to load setup defaults and then set the Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the memory frequency at 100% and set the timings to Cas 2.5-3-3-6 and you should be good to go.

Archived