Corsair Community

and Sound?

SaintGermain

They sure look purretty , however for the next revision can we have removable mic for when just listening to music / watch films and how about a version with 3.5mm jacks instead of USB ( perhaps i'm old fashioned that way :p: ) , maybe then i'll retire my Creative's .

I just bought a sound card ... they should offer a version with a 3.5mm plug.. Otherwise the people with sound cards would hesitate to buy this headset, and with a 3.5mm jack you could use the headset in other devices too, not just the PC.. It's just my opinion.. They look amazing..

any ideal on the release date of this headset?

i ask cause on this page http://vr-zone.com/articles/corsair-launches-hs1-usb-gaming-headset/9741.html its says "The Corsair::pirate:: Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB Gaming headset is available immediately from Corsair’s authorized distributors and resellers worldwide", but i havent found a link to buy it on yet.

Wouldn't mind seeing a HS2 or something w/ USB and 3.5mm as well. Scanned some of the press release comments about this earlier. Lots of discussion from audiophiles about USB vs. 3.5mm.

second this. got a Xonar D2X myself and don't really want any USB powered mini-transcoder for my audio, want it to go through the sound card.

if there's a way to do the headset for £60 without USB part, then that would be brilliant.

• 1 month later...
I'm a fan of Corsair has always been, but I think I'll keep my Sennheiser PC350 and my sound card Asus Essence STX.::pirate::

I have the Sennheiser HD280 Pro and I purchased the HS1 because of the mic. I was disappointed to learn the HS1 has its own audio card. I tested the sound quality of both the headsets on a Laptop that has a realtek HD audio codec. I used default basic flat settings... No boost or EQ used in either of the sound cards software.

I had 4 different ppl listen to each with the same song and a game demo and all agreed that the Sennheisers sounded way better. Bass is very distant with the HS1. While I thought the HS1 were clear they just didn't match up to the Sennheiser.

I compared them with the HD280 on a SB X-Fi and it was no contest.

Corsair was on the right track with the design... very light weight and comfortable. The ear peices give it a comfort advantage over the HD280s (they use pleather) but IMO, should have went with the 3.5mm jacks.

I think your better off with the PC350s :biggrin: I have been looking at the new PC360s... to add a mic to the HD280s is 160 bucks so might as well get a new set :eek:

I've heard good and bad things about the PC350. The PC360, however, looks like a real winner. I was thinking about getting high-end headphones for music (HD-650 level) and pair it up with an Essence STX but the PC360 definitely has me second guessing whether I want to do that or not.

The Corsair HS1's are really awesome for the price, don't get me wrong, they just aren't so good with music. Games and movies, however, are really great. I've never had a mid to high-end pair of Sennheisers so I can't really compare the experiences as the previous poster but these sets of cans are the best I've had.

Archived