Corsair Community

Low WEI with TR3X3G1600C8D?

Tattoo

OK my rig i get. 5.3 or 5.9 in windows index. Buddy gets 7.3, Same rigs same mobos-same ram-same bios- i even grabed his bios and bios file. i had to trun on raid tho. But i still score 5.9. Times are 8-8-8-24 t2 tryied 7-8-8-8-24 t1 No difffence. Do you think its my memry contoler. I ram memtest on all 3 sticks, 1st stick did test in 5mins but stick 2-3 did test in 4min 20 sec. all passed. Now in ramtest his scores 15000 about mine dose 10000-14000 about ish. Just want to know if its the ram or mobo. Now i just got a 920d0 Overclocked to 4.2ghz (200X20 turbo on ht on 1.365 volts with out ht 1.337volts) rams runing @ 1.66 volts. any tips on geting mops up ?

memtest in both rigs. sisoft i got 23.87 max bandwidth. memory laticy 56ns That seems high. I got tubo on for stablity . @ 200X20 = bsod. turbo mode on is across all 4 cores with ht on , = no bsod :) i got all tho cpu energy savers off. He is asleep i will have him run thos tomarrow. But some one should have that ram. But memtest+400 he gets 15000~ i get 10000-14000~ i think his is more like 17000 for bandwidth cant remember.

still not up to par.. last run of memory did 13000 in memtest. the operation per secs is bad with this ram. given i tried 2 different cpus so the memory controller is not bad(i7 on cpu). so you are saying no one know the timings after the 8-8-8-24 t2 @800mhz. I need to know thos to make the times as they should be. the operation /sec are bad with ram . i tried f5 f6 f8beta bios none are faster then the other.only thing different in the pcs is i got a d0 920 hes got a 920c0 I built both pcs same timings. in f8 bios i get more memory timings then in f5 and f6. its trun around times, No clue on thos

Turbo mode makes the cpu run on an x21 multiplier, for whatever reason X58 motherboards are far more stable on ODD mulitpliers than they are on EVEN multipliers.

ergo, his use of turbo mode improves stability.

I have never heard that anywhere but in this specific thread. :confused:

Why not just manually set the x21 multi and be done with it?

Thare are alot. I dont kow if thare just talking about the c0 or just the d0 920 , But alot of theard point this out. also have the qpi? set to 2x +1 = better for stable. But ya the cpu is locked @ 20. but if you disable the esit setting in bios the turbo will apply to all 4 cores /8 threads Note tho most games i play are just single threaded (bf2 i play mostly), Alot of overclocking theads post the 21 or 19 are best for overclocking the 920. but i dont want to push the ram to hard. Just trying for stock on the ram, in last memtest i got 9000 speed. thats 1/2 the speed of rated. Mite of busted mobo, I know the mobo is not the best but most x58 should do the same, heres one that states it .

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/538439-guide-overclocking-core-i7-920-4-a.html

here is a the line ..

CPU Multiplier – On the 920 the range is from 12x – 21x (22x on one core when at stock speeds). It has been found that the 19x and 21x multipliers are more stable than the 20x

Redoing the win 7x64 bit install should just take like 20 mins to install and all programs :) Usb is great for installing 7 :)

1 quote from 1 guy with unknown credentials on a small forum does not clearly prove that certain multis are more or less stable than others. Leave the turbo on if you want. But, keep in mind that it may contribute to instability or odd behavior when OCing.

Based on what you are posting, you don't have defective memory. Memory should be either dead or alive, pass or fail. Is your friend close enough to you so that he could test your CPU for you? You may have a bad IMC or simply a CPU that does not clock as well as his like what is noted in the article you linked.

No i tried 2 different cpus in this pc. The ram dose not speed up like his. same rigs. He dose not his setting but i set it up. Cant change out cpus tho. Ran out of cpu thermal paste. :( But i grab his mobo bios and his setting, but his rams set to auto :( . I try his setting and pc just goes into a rebooting loops. His bios on my board i cant select memry @ 10 time muilts. only gose 6-8-auto. Arg so i got to setup pc to 200X20 so ram runs @ 1600mhz, going to flash bios to f8 beta. but its got 2 settings i dont know. will report thos after reflash, The rams just not up to par or some settings, I got a huge list of settings that it gives me on auto. Granted the ram dose not error out but the operations per sec is not good, that is a given I can get any freeware software u want to test speeds. cpu dose 102.94 gibs/87gflops . But i will redo the sisoft memory test after reflash and reboot :) But will try his system settings again for last time.

but why would his ram in his pc show up at 17000 in memtest+400 and mine rangeing for 9000-14000 . his still alot fast, Granted his is 160 and muilt for cpu is 20 so the tranfer rates better(at same speed as rams fps/qpi/pll/vtt). But mine should only fall a little for the ram but for cpu speed should be alot better im over 1 ghz faster then his rig. The ddr2 setup you want same ram spped as the cpu runs on the fsb speed. for i7 and ddr3 theirs got to be something im overlooking. thats why im trying for help been trying to fix this for over 3-4 weeks now :(

memtest still shows

memery 10901mb/sec

cpu l1cache 133723

cpu l2cache 56502

cpu l3cache 31098

dont know this settings b2b cas delay bios show - for setting

channel interleaving 6 = auto

rank interleaving 4=auto

i can grab all setting in all 3 sticks

i noted the round trip latency stick a=50 b=52 c=52

Turbo mode makes the cpu run on an x21 multiplier, for whatever reason X58 motherboards are far more stable on ODD mulitpliers than they are on EVEN multipliers.

ergo, his use of turbo mode improves stability.

yup that can be the case sometimes....some boards and CPUs are worse than others and while bioses have fixed a lot of those early issues i still tend to use odd multis on S1366 when clocking

if your bandwidth is taking a hit OP you are either losing a channel (there are many reasons for this) or you are not setting the same timings as your friend. try to use exact same timings as your friend including subs and then try to also play a bit with QPI/VTT voltage to make sure you are running optimal voltage.....C0 and D0 can differ here

when you boot up have a look at the reported RAM size, does it say 2048 or 3064 assuming you have 3GB installed......... this is a sign of dropping channels ( i am referring to the first splash screen after you turn the PC on)

second thing you can check is your Back 2 Back Cas Delay timing in bios and check the value set. If this value is loose you will lose a tonne of bandwidth but improve stability slightly depending on the setting and what volts you are running

i would also suggest that you download CPUTweaker application from extreme systems and take a screenshot in windows of your RAM timings and compare them to your friends. run everest at same settings and post screenshots here too

be careful how you mount your CPU cooler. It very easy to lose channels if you overtighten as for some reason boards and CPU socket tend to bow a bit more than they should and cause some of the pins not to connect with CPU properly. Sometimes the CPU needs to be cleaned with alcohol...all the pins underneath properly.......

Also inspect your RAM slots to make sure there is no crap in any of the sockets and install the RAM in 2, 4 and 6th slots away from the CPU socket if you know what i mean

Well his timeings are all auto.... looked @ the auto setting, all the same. I grab buddys bios and his version of settings. Still nothing, I graped all info.

go with the cpu and voltage settings.

cpu vcore 1.337 (turbo on ht off all other setting off)

qpi/vtt 1.225

iohcore 1.1

dramvolts 1.66

cpu/pll 1.88

pcie 1.5

qpi/pll 1.1

ich i/o 1.5

ichcore 1.1

qpi clock ratio x36 = 7.2??

uncore clock ratio x16=3200

isochronous support =enabled

xmp profile 1

sysmemory multplier (spd) 8.0=1600mhz

profile qpivoltage= 1.35=grey cant change

channel interleaving 6=auto

rank interleaving 4=auto

memery channel a b c

cas latency time 8 8 8

trcd 8 8 8

trp 8 8 8

tras 24 24 24

cmd rate 1 1 1

trc 41 41 41

trrd 6 6 6

twtr 6 6 6

twr 12 12 12

twtp 24 24 24

twl 8 8 8

trfc 88 88 88

trtp 6 6 6

tfaw 30 30 30

b2b cas delay - - -

round trip latency 55 56 57 **** This changes.

the **** cant be same lowest i can have them is (so far ) 51-53-52

writes follows reads all 3

different dimms 7 7 7

different ranks 7 7 7

on the same rank 9 9 9

read follow writes all 3

different dimms 8 8 8

different ranks 8 8 8

on the same rank 8 8 8

reads follows reads

different dimms 6 6 6

different ranks 5 5 5

on the same rank 1 1 1

writes follow writes

different dimms 6 6 6

different ranks 6 6 6

on the same rank 1 1 1

please read what i wrote..........setting settings in bios will do absolutely nothing if you have dirt or mount issues that are causing you to drop channels

dont change RTL bios will select the optimal value

b2b cas delay will definitely affect bandwidth big time so use value 0 or 4....any higher and you will get big bandwidth loses

b2b is blank. pc is clean. no dust. just put cpu in not to long ago and blew out pc befor i took off old chip then on ram slots (at buddys shop that has a good air line that have no water in it.) All thos setting are what i get from auto. All 3 stick show up just runs @ double data rate and not tri channel. Got a hold of some diffent ram(diffent company) and ram was 18000+ so is a setting in the ram. I want to see if its the voltage to the ram but dont want to void warranty. :( But this ram is driving me nuts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6156&stc=1&d=1259220660

Thanks for bring this program to my light :)

All 3 stick show up just runs @ double data rate and not tri channel.
Dude, that made no sense. DDR = Double Data Rate. DDR's the memory design and is different than how the memory controller is handling the memory.

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple channel.

Here's what I'd recommend.

1. RESET THE BIOS.

2. Turn on XMP.

3. Test.

Aside from that, test your memory in another system.

cant test in other pc. the memory in single runs about 5000 meg/sec. the ram all 3 runs @ 9000 meg/sec thats like dual channel. tried switching around the stick that dose not help. just makes me run out of can air faster (blow it out switch around ram try it blow out switch ect..ect..) But see anything wrong with the timings, granted i use t1 and not t2.

Archived