Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9A & Athlon II x2 240e confusion..

wildsilva

Hi, I'll keep this to the point but I'd love some advice please someone.

I've ordered a completely new budget system including 4gb (2x2gb) ddr3 1333mhz TW3X4G1333C9A, Asus Pundit p6-M4A3000E, and a Athlon II x2 240e however I only checked the mobo ram support (checked out all good)

what worries me is after placing the order (most of which is already here) I noticed in a review and on the AMD site that the cpu only supports DDR3 at 1066mhz

I'd never really considered how the CPU may affect the mix.. :o:

1)So am I right in thinking that it'll underclock the ram to 1066mhz automatically or am I at risk of something frying when i boot? will it boot at all?

2)Assuming it'll drop the clock speed what timings would/should I be using?? 533mhz? for dual channel?? .. and im guessing I cant expect 9-9-9-24 as is rated at 1333mhz

3)Will I be able to force the speed of ram to 1333mhz in the bios without affecting the cpu??

4)Do I need to worry about it all? will it be stable? or am I in need of different ram?

Sorry I've not built a system since DDR1 was the new thing on the block ;) and any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Will

There is no problem with running the RAM at a slower speed that it's max rated speed. The "auto" setting will detect the RAM default settings for you. You would need to manually set BIOS options to try and run the RAM OC'ed at 1333 MHz. since your CPU only officially supports 1066 MHz. Your BIOS will likely set the RAM as 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5 V @ 1066 MHz. so all should be fine.

Archived