Corsair Community

Cmx8gx3m4a1600c9 rma

John305

Hi I had just bought this kit and after one day started to have problems. Anyway I have a rma number it was a 8 gig kit but not tiwnx or matched is ok to just rma the one bad module and not the kit as i could still use the pc its running fine on the 6 gig now.

Thank You

Hi yes I have checked all the ram and it was the only bad module. The thing is I bought the ram in the city about 300 miles away I dont drive so who knows when i would get back to that store. I am checking with corsair now on a advanced rma just wating on a call back.

Hi yes Thank You I have called them twice now and got transfered to a person whos not at there desk lol . I left a msg my rma number and phone number. So I hope they call back soon we all have to work lol. I really hope they do the advanced rma as i wont care about how long it takes as im still useing the 6 gig so at least i have ram .

• 2 weeks later...
Hi well the advanced rma does not seem so advanced they tell me they shipped my order on the 17th it was supposed to come finally today but I just checked and its been put off another day. I hope they relax the 2 week return policy and understand I still dont have my ram 2 weeks later.I understand xmas holidays and such but this just seems a little extreme.I still eagerly wait though lol.

Hi well guess what the ram arrived yay. I let it warm up installed it all no boot no video signal if I use it. The other 6 gig still works fine. I cant see all the ram being bad it must need somthing to be recognised. I have even tried one stick at a time and still no video signal. I have bad luck hehe.

• Corsair Employee

You original request was for an 8 Gig set? So what you just posted is a little confusing, it would tend to suggest you are mixing sets and that for sure is not suggested or supported.

Have you tried testing all of the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing? And the MB you have in your list will not support DDR1600 memory with out over clocking and with all four slots with that chipset DDR800 or DDR1066 would be suggested. So what are the exact settings you have set for both CPU and memory?

Cmx8gx3m4a1600c9 rma

Hi I had just bought this kit and after one day started to have problems. Anyway I have a rma number it was a 8 gig kit but not tiwnx or matched is ok to just rma the one bad module and not the kit as i could still use the pc its running fine on the 6 gig now.

Hi no I am not mixing sets the first set I bought was ver 5.2 it worked until one stick failed it runs errors with memtest but the pc will still count the 8 gig at 1333 due to the one bad module I am only useing 6 gig of it the system is very stable. The new rma ram is ver 2.3 I put it in and no boot no video signal. I have tried each one of the new rma modules alone in all slots still the same thing. If I put the 6 gig back in from the first ram I bought boots no problem. All cpu and ram are set to auto I have made no changes to bios. If I put the 8 gig of ddr 2 in that was in the system it also boots counts all 8 gig stable system. The board supports ddr 3 at 1333 and auto sets it to that I have checked the voltage to the ram and since its at 1333 the volt is 1.5 to get 1600 I would have to oc I just want it to work even at 1333 is ok.

Hi I tried what you said and still no post all the fans spin up no beeps. I tried diffrent modules of the new rma ram also and still no go. I just cant see why one set works and the other nothing on every sim and i dont think its bad ram.Maybe voltage would help but im waiting on your instructions.Unless the version diffrence has a prob. I have done a bit of research and found some boards wont work with older versions.

Thank You

for your help

Hi actually I have been ms cert since 1995. I have a a+ its in my bio im 58. With this board you dont even have a jumper its a push button on the back of the pc also you know it has been reset as all settings have been changed. And yes I do expect when you put in ram unless its not compatible with the board to at least boot at least it has worked that way for years. But its the same ram apart from the version number so it should work right off the go like the first set did no playing around should it not unless theres a diffrence from ver 2.3 to 5.2. So since my last post I went and bought 8 more gig of ddr3 value ram it seems to post and run fine. I will take it back I just wanted to make sure that theres nothing else wrong with the system. I think the point here is the ram may be good but it wont work in this board so it is of course no use to me although another 8 gig kit of the same does, one of life mystery's.Also thank you Wired i did not know really what the version number ment and still really dont now lol.

• Corsair Employee
You are welcome to contact our customer service with your previous RMA and I would like to test the modules you have now to be sure but most likely and especially if you have not properly reset the BIOS that is the issue, the version number is the make of memory IC we used and a different version is a totally different memory module.

Hi well I have looked at the board and on the back there is a clear cmos button which i have used. But also on the board inside there is a system reset button I will give that one a go and report back.Ramguy if you could tell me exactly how you recommend to reset it that would be great I want to make it work.In the manual it only tells me to push that button in powered off mode to clear cmos

Thank You

Archived