Corsair Community

Value Select Pc 3200 Ram In Dual Channel With Msi-k8t Neo Fsr

Id1

Hello. This has probably been adressed before but i cant seem to find it. I bought two 512 sticks of corsair value select RAM PC 3200 and i cannot for the life of me, get these to run in dual channel. Should I be able to? Or do i have to buy the 1BG kit that says dual channel? I have an MSI-K8TNEO FSR and an athlon 64 3000 Thanks a lot for the help! :roll:

[URL=http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=496]MSI LINK[/URL] Based on this, your MOBO is not a dual channel MOBO. Running RAM in dual channel is not the function of the RAM but is a function of the MOBO. Your RAM will run fine in that system but it will be single channel. Mike.

If you want to run dual channel you will need to either go with a socket 939 AMD based MOBO or an Intel 875/865 P4 based MOBO. And those of course will not run you current CPU. The Abit socket 939 board is doing pretty well and the Asus P4C800 Deluxe-E is a great P4 board. If your board is running fine but just not single channel I would not upgrade at this time since it would require a CPU+MOBO. The socket 754 boards are great, especially for gaming. If you did want to make a RAM upgrade for the board you have I'd suggest a single stick of 1024mb Corsair PC3200. A single stick should run great in that system and will have less latency than 2 comparable sticks. Good luck, Mike.

Archived