Corsair Community

Help with Corsair Link setup via. Commander Mini

xeromynd

Hello All,

I am planning a new build, and trying to work out how my fans will connect to Corsair Link.

I have an H100i, Commander Mini, 8x fans, and only one available USB2 header on my motherboard.

Any solutions here? I can't have both the Commander and H100i block into the motherboard, as that would require two USB2 headers. Can I connect the H100i to the Commander Mini via. the Corsair Link digital port on the Commander Mini, use up 6 fan inputs, and split one of the Link Digital ports to accommodate the two remaining fans?

Also, if I'm only connecting fans to the Commander Mini, can I leave the SATA power connector on the H100i unplugged? (My understanding is that the SATA Power connector powers the fans, while the 3-pin connector is what actually powers the pump, is this true?)

Any assistance or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks but, if possible, I'd really prefer solutions that don't involve me adding more stuff inside my case. If it turns out that my only solution is to add another USB header in my case, and thus, more hardware, I'd rather just ditch the Commander Mini altogether and go with BIOS fan control.

Am I to assume by your response that what I'm thinking of doing isn't possible?

You can connect the hydro to the mini and have fans connected to the hydro and mini which would utilize only 1 usb header ,I suggested the hub as most users want to have a spare port just in case...

So, to be clear:

H100i will:

-Connect to Commander Mini with Link Digital Cable

-Connect to two fans via splitter cable

-Connect to 3-Pin MOBO fan header for pump power

-Connect to SATA power for 2 connected fans

-NOT connect to anything via. USB

Commander will:

-Connect to H100i with Link Digital Cable

-Connect to 6 fans

-Connect to motherboard via. USB

-Connect to SATA power

And this should work? *crosses fingers*

• Corsair Employee
Hello All,

I am planning a new build, and trying to work out how my fans will connect to Corsair Link.

I have an H100i, Commander Mini, 8x fans, and only one available USB2 header on my motherboard.

Any solutions here? I can't have both the Commander and H100i block into the motherboard, as that would require two USB2 headers. Can I connect the H100i to the Commander Mini via. the Corsair Link digital port on the Commander Mini, use up 6 fan inputs, and split one of the Link Digital ports to accommodate the two remaining fans?

Also, if I'm only connecting fans to the Commander Mini, can I leave the SATA power connector on the H100i unplugged? (My understanding is that the SATA Power connector powers the fans, while the 3-pin connector is what actually powers the pump, is this true?)

Any assistance or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

So here's what you do:

- Connect Commander Mini to the USB.

- Connect the H100i via the digital port on the Commander Mini.

- Use Y-cables as needed for fans on the Commander Mini.

- Connect the H100i's SATA power lead; this lead powers the pump and is needed for the H100i to operate.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread because I have my H100i and Commander Mini set up in this exact fashion with an MSI z97I gaming ACK, and the Mini will not recognize the H100i.

The first boot was a clean install of windows in a brand new build. I have selective USB sleep turned off. I have tried twice to uninstall CL and clear CL registry entries as well as settings files, but still having the same issue. The Mini is updated to the newest firmware through CL, same with the H100i.

I was using an ASUS ROG z97 mATX previously with the H100i connected to the Mini via digital, and it was working -- albeit, sporadically, but at least the H100i was being detected. The fan monitoring and control via the CL software would usually stop working a few minutes after loading windows, though (ie, fan reading stuck at XXX RPM, no response from fan with changes in CL), and work again temporarily after reboot.

Do I have a bad unit? Should I get the NZXT hub?

• 7 months later...

Archived