Corsair Community

I cannot reinstall iCue - Mic will not work

KeyFox

Hello, I have looked though reddit and this forum and performed all sorts of registry edits and cleaning and so on and nothing seems to help me. In trying to fix the fact my Void Pro Wireless mic was not being detected, I uninstalled iCue with Iobit Unintaller Pro which generally works perfectly for me. I followed other posts here and removed all Corsair directories from user app folders, program folders and registry entries. Yet if I try to reinstall, iCue says a version is already installed. I had 3.27.68 installed and was using that to reinstall. Nothing works to fix the issue of reinstalling, device manager does not detect either my ST100 or Void Pro, seperately or together.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious to see if the corsair services are still installed and if they're running. You should be able to see this by pressing Windows + R and then typing in services.msc and hitting ok

The list should be alphabetical. I have 3 corsair services running myself. ( I don't know what's normal. Do any of them have an error attached or do they say running or possibly there are none?

Just curious to see if the corsair services are still installed and if they're running. You should be able to see this by pressing Windows + R and then typing in services.msc and hitting ok

The list should be alphabetical. I have 3 corsair services running myself. ( I don't know what's normal. Do any of them have an error attached or do they say running or possibly there are none?

No, the Corsair services are not there.

Did you use IOBit uninstaller because that's what you normally do or was the normal uninstall method broken? IOBit must have missed something somewhere.

I know you mentioned that you'd gone through this but... If you haven't already ...

You'll want to check the appdata/Local and the appdata/roaming folders. There should be a couple of corsair folder in the local and I think only one in Roaming. I would maybe just rename them to xxx.old just in case you have any profiles that you'd want to save.

There should also be a folder in the program files (x86) folder. I'd rename/remove that as well if it's there.

There is also a corsair folder in the hidden programdata folder that I'd try removing/renaming

There are also corsair registry entries in the HKEY Local machine > Software area as well as HKEY Users (user...) Software section. You've probably already checked those and they're really just preferences for the most part.

The one place to check here might be the HKEY Local Machine > Software > WOW6432Node folder. This is a list of everything installed. I'm guessing that Corsair is still listed here. I would right click on the corsair folder (if it's there) and hit export to save it just in case and then delete it. Reboot and hope for the best. If it doesn't work right you can open up the backup/export you made to put those registry keys back in.